To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Heads Up !!! Google Chrome is now Add-On able

Since the BitComet team is managing their own browser variant, they probably don't intend to support another. Gavin can tell you for certain, but I'd be surprised at any other answer. They haven't even created a BC add-on for CometBird, and I would expect to see that long before a Chrome extension came along.

Among the expectations for both Mozilla and Chrome add-ons is multiple OS support. BC is windows-only. Adapting for, e.g., *nix would be a large undertaking, and would be done on its own before doing it as a browser add-on. The likelihood of this happening is probably very small. unix versions have be requested before, and the development team has never indicated any interest in doing this.

It is an extension, but beyond that you'd have to know the details, which I don't. It is quite possibly an emulation, not adaptation of the actual IE code. This is another thing entirely. The two tasks aren't comparable.

There isn't a BitComet extension. Not for any browser. I think Opera internally supports bittorrent, but it's their own client. You said, "A FireFox IE extension", which I understood to mean the "Open in IE Tab" extension -- you can have a page rendered by the IE engine rather than by Gecko. That's nothing to do with BitComet.

I really don't understand that how you are missing the fact that in Bitcomet option>Integration tab we can clearly see the IE Integration and firefox integration and they were clearly stated as extensions, and you are right there isn't any Bitcomet extension for Browser on the contrary those were browser extensions for Bitcomet :) mystery solved :D I think my subtitle misguided you sorry my mistake.is there any way to edit the subtitle?

So my propose is to have google chrome extension for Bitcomet under integration as we can get IE extension and Firefox Extension now

• 1 year later...

A chrome extension would be nice, I use chrome often, it's a good browser and I'm not to happy with firefox, they don't give you time to learn a version before they slap a new one on top. Right now, this very moment we should be on firefox version 4.7, not 8.0, it's just crazy, like they think new higher numbers are going to impress someone.

*rant over*

• 9 months later...

as far as a Linux Version porting to it I think you could use Wine Wrapper , makes a Linux/Mac/BSD etc program but you will need Wine (Windows App Layer)

http://www.winehq.org/docs/winelib-guide/bindlls-wrapper

as it will trick Linux into thinking it is native port of App shows on use menus but effectively is runing with windows xp compatibility Layer on Linux ,

Shareaza dose this. among others.

I am no coder but as well porting BC to .Net source would also allow this as a native port Via mono , The .net compiler for *Nix

With some Modest Trouble I can boot Into Linux and Run Everquest from my windows partition or even BC Installer for Linux with not to much of an Issue , Just writing A Launcher Shell script and making it Link to start menu with a BC icon's a we bit of work but yet doable.

The wine wrapper I think tho makes a native Executable or a elf File for Linux which launches the program and the wine layer seamlessly . and far less painfully. as well I think it allows the app to run more natively on Linux /*NIX