To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Using CometBird to download videos

One of CometBird's advantages is to download video/audio/flash from websites. In this topic, I will tell users how to download media with CometBird and what needs to be paid attention to:

1. Download and install CometBird.

2. Navigate to the webpages that contain the embedded video/audio/flash with Cometbird.

3. Play Video/Audio/Flash you want to capture.

4. After the video/Audio/Flash finished playing, please right-click and select Download Media Files in the menu list.

5. If you strictly followed the previous steps, the video file will be captured. And you need to check the video name and click [File format---File size---File name], CometBird will download the video you selected to your local disk.

Please read more and watch the video guide HERE.

NOTE: Please do remember to Play the video first and then right-click in the area outside the video frame. Some users say their CometBird can not capture the video name they want to download. It's usually because they do not pay attention to these two points.

• 2 months later...

When I try to download music files from Last.fm, I get a 0 byte file. The file is actually not downloaded even though it says it has been. Any idea why this is happening? I am right clicking and selecting the 128.mp3 file in the context menu.

I am using Comet Bird 3.5.3 on Windows 7 using a cable interent connection.

Edited by Progressive Multiverse (see edit history)

Your question is a good example of why you should not jump into the middle of someone else's topic: your issue has nothing at all to do with what's being discussed. Please start your own topic rather than trying to hijack someone else's.

And hello to you, too, kluelos. :rolleyes: Instead of ascribing negative intentions to my post, you might try a more friendly approach.

The topic explains how to download video/audio/flash. My question is about a problem I am having downloading audio. It certainly is related to the topic at hand as far as I'm concerned.

I wasn't trying to hijack a thread. I was just trying to get some help related to the post at hand. In fact, I think it might enhance the thread because it might help other people experiencing the same problem. You're welcome to disagree, however.

your issue has nothing at all to do with what's being discussed.

Progressive Multiverse,

Let me point out - in a very amicable manner, of course - what kluelos was saying.

Yes, as the topic's own title and Sophia indicate, this thread is to explain "how to download video with CometBird" (although it does include Audio and Flash, as well). A somewhat brief Guide or Tutorial, if you will - something akin to a User's Instruction Manual.

Now, as you can well imagine, many members will come looking to this Tutorial, in order to follow the instructions given, therein. They hope that it will be an easy-to-follow, step-by-step procedure, without having to wonder or concern themselves with anything else, while they're at it.

Unlike many of our other Guides and Tutorials in this site, this one had not been "locked" (it prevents others from posting). The whole purpose of having one Tutorial and another separate topic started (in this case, by you), is to allow the members to be able to follow Sophia's instructions, without any distractions.

I was just trying to get some help related to the post at hand. In fact, I think it might enhance the thread because it might help other people experiencing the same problem.

That is exactly what the 'Start a New Topic' button is used for - support... the sharing of the same doubt/problem as the author, and its resolution.

Besides, by making a new topic, anyone who uses the Search function (top, right of each page), would be able to find your query and response, without having to read an entire Tutorial together with many other (different) problems - some of which might or might not bear any resemblance at all to their own - all encompassed into one endless and confusing (and I speak from experience) "Tower of Babel". Don't you think?

So be a complying mat8 and start a New one, why don't you? :)

So be a complying mat8 and start a New one, why don't you? :)

I appreciate your kinder response and have started a new thread, as you requested. I don't agree with every point made above, but I see no value in continuing the debate. I'd delete my posts here, but I don't see a way to do so. If the moderators have this power and think it appropriate (so as to keep the "tutorial" clean and less distracting), please delete away. ;)