To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Just upgraded my internet speed tp 100mb

kovar

Lame?? let me tell you what's really lame: 6down0.5up,,, <_< and stuck with a contract...:(

There are ISPs offering relatively cheap fiber connections around here (6euro/50Mbit up and down and I'm paying 11 for this crap) but not for houses..

There are ISPs offering relatively cheap fiber connections around here (6euro/50Mbit up and down and I'm paying 11 for this crap) but not for houses..

And you, too, complain? Around here, the phone company that owns optical fiber connections doesn't want to use them (I've no idea what they're waiting for, as they've had them buried below-ground for around 20-odd years). The standard home connection is 6 Mb/s - although in some geographical areas (like where I am) they only have 1 Mb/s - and the price of the telephone line and Internet goes for 65€ !! :angry:

Lame?? let me tell you what's really lame: 6down0.5up,,, <_< and stuck with a contract...:(

6 euro? per month??

i am paying about 40 euro for my internet

and the funny part that 1.5 mb\s internet coasts about 20 euro

so pay dubble get 60 times faster internet.

65??? 40?? 20?! :blink: What the h*** do they think they're selling?? GOLD???!! :huh:

6 euro? per month??
Yes, but that ISP only offers contracts to apartment owners (even if the line passes through my street...)

What the h*** do they think they're selling?? GOLD???!!

Oh, no... they know exactly what they're selling... The problem is that Telefónica (the oligopoly, around here) has been around for a gizzillion years (they were the only ones around, for over 40) and, hence, was the one that lay the lines/cables down. Now, even though other ISPs have emerged, only a few of them have tendered their own cables... the rest actually have to rent/lease Telefónica's.

In essence, when you contract a different ISP - say ONO, Jazztel or Orange - only the name changes (and perhaps a bit of throttling, on the part of the 'new' ISP)... the cables (and their respective signal reach) are still limited to whatever Telefónica's range is, in that particular geographical location. :(

Well, it's quite the opposite around here. At first there were a lot of small ISPs, and then larger ISPs like RDS/RCS came and bought them. Now it's more of a fight to have the best offer, to lure new customers in and keep the ones they already have for as long as possible. It's annoyingly funny to see (huge) ads posted by my ISP all over the city..and no ads by RDS although RDS offers a better service, for less money, and it's a lot more popular.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not happy with my conection either.I just have 2Mb download and 1Mb upload.Lame speeds and costs 10 euros per month.You might say it's cheap but it's not.At this price, if i lived closer to the city, i could have bought a 100Mb line, upload and download :(

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...