Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Login with CometID

Lucy26

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Windows 7/32, BitComet 1.38 Stable

Recently, when I run bitcomet I have a message telling me not having the AC adapter to connect to CometID for this moment and he will try later. But it never connects.

I checked if I could connect to the site, it's good. Ditto on the forum. This is not a login / pwd problem.

The connection for the download is done well, the listening port is open. This is just the CometID that is in error.

Can you help me?

thank you

post-131469-0-36624500-1429264743.png

Hello,

Windows 7/32, BitComet 1.38 Stable

Recently, when I run bitcomet I have a message telling me not having the AC adapter to connect to CometID for this moment and he will try later. But it never connects.

I checked if I could connect to the site, it's good. Ditto on the forum. This is not a login / pwd problem.

The connection for the download is done well, the listening port is open. This is just the CometID that is in error.

Can you help me?

thank you

Are you using any ip filters like peerblock or protowall?

You're probably using a block list to stop software from "calling home". If you want BitComet to be able to use it's more advanced features like searching for mirror locations, finding you peers outside the swarm and via other file sharing protocols, and advancing you in rank you'll need to make an allow list. You can find the IPs used by BitComet here...

http://wiki.bitcomet.com/known_client_issues_and_incompatibilities#peerguardian_protowall_conflicts_with_bitcomet

Simply make an allow list and your peerblock won't prevent you from using comet ID and it could also greatly increase your speed on some tasks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem as the previous users: BitComet says it's unable to login this time. I've checked all my settings (firewall, port mapping, etc), and there's nothing that should be blocking the connection. As far as I know, nothing has changed on my end since several days ago, when it was working fine. I can log in to CometID, but the webpage gives me an internal server error when I try to access my score/ranking etc. Hopefully someone on the BitComet team can look into what's going on, and give us a tip if we need to provide more information about the problem. I've been pretty happy with BitComet over the years, and I'd hate to have to change my client.

BitComet version: 1.38 stable

ISP: Frontier FiOs, Ethernet

Edited by grasso7171 (see edit history)

To everyone concerned about CometID, yes it's down, this happens sometimes with websites just like it does with your personal computer, errors occur and need to be fixed. Large commercial websites like Google and Amazon have many backup servers running and staff on duty 24/7 to fix problems, but BitComet being a free service is maintained by volunteers and it will be fixed as soon as someone on the development team has the time to fix it. I have notified them of the outage and I expect it will be up and running by monday, if not sooner.

In the mean time you can continue to use BitComet, it will still work as good as any other bittorrent client and only some of it's more advanced features like LTseed snapshots, search for mirrors etc will be effected by the outage.

• Like 3

hi guys ! Today Bitcomet was not able to login. when i logged on my browser , my scores weren't shown and when i clicked on score i received this error:"

Internal Server Error

SoapClient::SoapClient(http://member.bitcom...webservice/wsdl): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 CException

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

"

please i need your help guys i don't want to loose my scores!

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I'm using BitComet 1.29 with Windows XP SP3 on a FTTC 80Mb/s connection, and use PeerBlock 1.2 (r693).

I use Windows firewall, and currently no antivirus.

I have no problems at all downloading or uploading, in fact my downloads and my uploads are amazingly fast.

The problem I'm having is that my BitComet client can't sign in to CometID, and in the small bottom left hand box says ''Unable to sign in CometID at this time''.

I've been using my BitComet client for a few days now after a few weeks break, but this time when I launched the client I didn't notice if it signed in to CometID straight away, it was only the next day or a couple of days afterwards when I noticed it wasn't signing in.

I use Firefox as my main browser, and I understand that BitComet uses Internet Explorer components, so I launched IE (8) to make sure there were no problems with it they may affect BitComet in any way, and IE was fine, and connected to web pages perfectly.

I've signed in to this forum without problems with the same id, and can also sign in to my CometID accounts page without a problem.

From the above posts I see that that others have had this problem before, but with there being no recent posts relating to this I am wondering if it is a

server problem this time, or perhaps something at my end.

I've uploaded more than 100GB in this last few days and would be sad to lose the score for it.

Thanking you in anticipation for any advice.

• Like 1

I'm using BitComet 1.29 with Windows XP SP3 on a FTTC 80Mb/s connection, and use PeerBlock 1.2 (r693).

I use Windows firewall, and currently no antivirus.

I have no problems at all downloading or uploading, in fact my downloads and my uploads are amazingly fast.

The problem I'm having is that my BitComet client can't sign in to CometID, and in the small bottom left hand box says ''Unable to sign in CometID at this time''.

Problem solved: I took another look at PeerBlock and found that with PeerBlock disabled Bitcomet would sign in to CometID without a fuss.

I then tried to sign in with BitComet to CometID and observed the PeerBlock scrolling log - and did that a few times to see if I could see a recurring ip address every time I tried signing in to CometID.

Indeed, this entry was recurring: (Range) EI. du Pont de Nemours and Co., Inc (Destination) 52.34.31.144:25476 TCP, so I allowed it for 15 minutes and then tried to sign in to CometID - and with this ip address allowed for 15 minutes it took just 1 second to sign in to CometID, and so I have now allowed this ip address permanently.

A Google search of that ip address gave me the https://db-ip.com/ website as one of the results, showing Amazon Technologies and

ec2-52-34-31-144.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.

PeerBlock must have added that ip address for blocking in a recent PeerBlock update.

I do feel embarrased that I didn't properly look at PeerBlock before making my original post, but hope that my experience may be of help to others who may encounter this problem.

Best wishes to all.

Edited by Bombay9 (see edit history)

This problem is covered in our FAQs on wiki.bitcomet.com. I believe it's under known issues and incompatibilities. The problem is some block lists include IP addresses used by software to "call home". The logic is that some people using pirated software may not want the program to connect to the publisher, but in order to take advantage of CometID, cross protocol downloading and other enhancements this ability is a must.

The list of IP addresses are provided in that article and you can make an allow list that will prevent them from being blocked.