To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

MpcStar V 4.6 / 4.7 Playback Errors

Since installing version 4.6 then 4.7 I have not been able to play any video files at all. This isn't a codec issue as no file of any extension will play (avi, mpg, wmv, flv, mp4, rm, mkv, divx, mov, 3gp etc etc etc...). When I downgrade to version 4.5 all problems cease and as before all files will play. I get the following error message (4.6 / 4.7) with vague details on every attempt, regardless of codec/extension. (see screenshot)

post-58396-12830136947603.jpg

Is this glitch going to be ironed out anytime soon or am I destined to remain with my trusty 4.5 for all eternity??? :D. See below for my specs.

Operating System
		MS Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
	CPU
		AMD Phenom II X4 940	48 °C
		Deneb 45nm Technology
	RAM
		8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-18)
	Motherboard
		ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A78 PRO (AM2)
	Graphics
		PLE2208HDS @ 1024x768
		512MB ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (ATI AIB)	56 °C
	Hard Drives
		977GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SI ATA Device (IDE)	24 °C
	Optical Drives
		TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F ATA Device
	Audio
		High Definition Audio Device

Feedback welcomed and appreciated.

Thanx,

Dave.

You may want to look in your system and application logs to see if you're getting error reports there.

A lot of reports have been sent but as yet no solutions to the issue regarding Tigerplayer / MPCStar. Event viewer also has recent reports but nothing in relation. As I said already 4.5 works fine. It's 4.6 and onwards were these issues arise and it would appear that I'm not the only one experiencing these issues...

This version crashes yet again. I installed it and attempted to play a DVD, and it crashed in the same manner as 4.6. So I have uninstalled it and rolled back to 4.5. Seriously, can somebody figure out why MPCStar keeps crashing when attempting to play a DVD that has played successfully on earlier versions? This is starting to get irritating.

I have the exact same problem. Doesn't the system collect the necessary information and sends it to the comet team? This seems to be a systematic problem. In my case I am running vista sp2 with 4Gb ram trying to view an AVI file. MP3 run fine on the new player included in 4.6

same prob here. been using 4.5.

4.6 and 4.7 doesnt work for me. couldnt open any video file AT ALL. using window vista ultimate sp2.

VLC, WMP, Zune all working fine as normal. The issue is isolated to MPCStar 4.6 onwards.

Edited by Teknokrusty (see edit history)

Hey guys, can you please send the crash.zip to me? My email is lu.liu@bitcomet.com

If you use Vista/Win7, crash.zip can be found here: %SystemDrive% \Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\tigerpalyer

If you use Win XP, crash.zip can be found here: %SystemDrive% \Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\tigerpalyer

Thanks.