To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Unable to Connect to Comet ID

jhewit0981

Approx. 1 hour ago I opened my BitComet it refuses to login to the CometID Server, I can login to the CometID website but it will not display ranking, score or any information associated with BitComet. Not sure if this is just me, but its a issue figured i'd pass it on.

I'm operating windows XP professional, on a WIFI... and usually have absolutely no problems with this usually.

Edited by jhewit0981 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There are some known issues with the way Internet Explorer is used to display this pane for some users. The development team is trying to reproduce it so it can be resolved.

Also, if your intentions were to attach a file to this post, it wasn't done successfully.

Good day to all

I have the same issue and have attached a screenshot

I have the latest IE 9 installed (other apps internal browsers require it)and run Vista 32 bit

If you could send a tech round to my residence either today or tomorrow, that would be nice. I have cookies :)

Cheers

post-62706-13019023389605.jpg

I believe there is a problem with the way Internet Explorer executes the commands within bitcomet. Since this is done internally within bitcomet, it has to be addressed by the development team, which of course would have to be able to recreate the problem first. Since we've seen several reports of this after upgrading to IE9, I don't anticipate that being a problem to reproduce.

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% certain this is the problem, but I'm pretty sure the only way for you or I to solve this immediately would be to revert back to a prior version of IE, however since you are in fact logged in, as evidenced by your screenshot, I'd say just wait until a new version of bitcomet is released. If a fix is found, it will be included.

Regarding Internet Explorer. I haven't used it since version 6. I use only Google Chrome, Firefox and of course Cometbird, but since bitcomet has to work with every users computer, it's forced to use IE to display web content. I just wish Microsoft would stop changing the way it works in regards to other (non-microsoft) products. They can really make a lot of people miserable, like you and our development team, and all they do is say that bitcomet isn't one of their products, so you have to talk to their developers if it doesn't work, even though they are the reason it doesn't. They have a "follow us or die" mentality, which is why most experienced users refuse to use their browser, not to mention that there are several browsers that work better and not only are they free, but all add-ons for them are also free (unlike IE).

As for your offer, if I can have icecream with my cookies, then I'm on my way. Just make sure the window is open... I hate flying into glass *ouch* my beak is still sore from the last time :P

Thanks for the prompt response, and as I suspected, it is most likely the new IE. Unfortunately I need this to run some vital software, and like you I use the other browsers for speed, functionality, add-on's and security. As it seems not to affect the program use itself, I will wait patiently for the next release of BC, no worries on that score

I hope you like cats???? :rolleyes:

Edited by gamboloyd (see edit history)

Yes, there should be no problem with your stats, only a minor annoyance of not seeing them display completely. You can go to the website and log in with any browser if you want to make sure the stats are updating, but even without comet ID, you can still use bitcomet and download at least as fast as other clients.

And yes, I do. Most Eagles don't care much for cats, but I think they're Yummmy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello and Good Night: the past two days have this problem, I open BitComet and will not let me loguearme, get this error: "unable to sign in comet id at this time", we again try and always comes out the same, for 3 days was very average but the next day miscarried, any help please?