To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cannot sign in to bitcomet

I haven't been able to sign in for about 2 weeks and I know the password is right since i'am posting on this forum and able to sign in to the bitcomet website

downloads work but slower than normal

other torrent programs have also stopped working with or without bitcomet installed and this problem persists even if I uninstall the other torrent programs like utorrent and bittorent

I get this error message at the bottom left where you sign in

Unable to sign in CometID at this time.

You can still download, but your rank and score points will not be collected.

You should try going to the CometID site, (that's cometid.com), and try to sign in there. If there's some sort of problem this will hopefully assist you in figuring out what it is. It might be that the ID you're trying to sign in with is wrong or corrupt, but give that a try.

This sounds like something is blocking your connections to the internet on your computer. If other bittorrent clients don't work at all, then it's very strange that you say bitcomet does, although slowly.

I have to suspect that your not relaying the information accurately to us, because for all other bittorrent clients to not work at all, and bitcomet does work, but slowly, then the only reason I can think of is that something is blocking all bittorrent traffic, traditional and encrypted, and only the LTseed connections are getting through.

I've never seen that happen, but it is possible, although highly unlikely.

thanks for replying and sorry about the slower part its just the seeds were low

and ive tried going in to cometid site but everything seems normal except that bitcomet (v1.26) cant sign in

bittorrent is showing a greenlight WAN:(my ip):(my port)

but when i scroll over it it says green light even though i forwarded the port

DHT is also connected (greenlight)

Also shows this in statistics tab

TCP Connections: Established: 5 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 27 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: (my ip)

WAN IP: (my ip)

Listen Port of TCP: (my port) (Detect Failed)

Listen Port of UDP: (my port) (Detect Failed)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

Disk Boost Service: Running

utorrent and bittorent don't work at all because all trackers are "offline(timed out)" even through they work in bitcomet

ive also found out that AOL program doesn't work anymore if its related at all

these problems appeared after my computer wont boot past post so I reformatted it then it started working again

hopefully thats enough information so i can sign into to bitcomet

Actually there is quite a bit about your post that is really unclear.

thanks for replying and sorry about the slower part its just the seeds were low

Are you saying there is no problem with downloading now?

and ive tried going in to cometid site but everything seems normal

Are you saying you can log in at cometid site? "seems normal" is very vague and doesn't really tell us anything.

except that bitcomet (v1.26) cant sign in

bittorrent is showing a greenlight WAN:(my ip):(my port)

Are you referring to the BitTorrent Client (software) here or the bittorrent protocol that BitComet uses?

but when i scroll over it it says green light even though i forwarded the port

It says green light??? what does this mean?

DHT is also connected (greenlight)

Also shows this in statistics tab

TCP Connections: Established: 5 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 27 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: (my ip)

WAN IP: (my ip)

Listen Port of TCP: (my port) (Detect Failed)

Listen Port of UDP: (my port) (Detect Failed)

This "detect failed" means we were unable to test your port. If your using an IP filtering program like peerguardian/peerblock/protowall, then you might have a block list thats blocking connections to bitcomet's servers. This would explain the inability to login as well.

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP added, UDP added]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Failed [uPNP device not found!]

This device not found message only means that either you don't have a uPnP capable router, or if you do, its not enabled or a firewall is blocking it.

Disk Boost Service: Running

utorrent and bittorent don't work at all because all trackers are "offline(timed out)" even through they work in bitcomet

This is highly unusual because BitTorrent uTorrent and BitComet all connect to trackers the same way.

ive also found out that AOL program doesn't work anymore if its related at all

AOL is a company, not a program, so this makes no sense. They do make software programs, but are we to guess which one you might be referring to?

these problems appeared after my computer wont boot past post

If your computer won't boot, then you could never have been able to determine if any of these problems exist.

so I reformatted it then it started working again

So the problem is fixed? then what are you asking us to help you with?

Ill try to be more specific

yes theres no problem with downloading with bitcomet

I can log in to the cometid site no problem

I am using version 1.26 of bitcomet

I forwarded the listen port for bitcomet software I don't know what the bittorrent protocol that BitComet uses

the parental controls are off

It says green light??? what does this mean?

there was a mispelling on my part

on the bottom right it disp[plays a green light but when I scrool over it it tells me "Grey light listen port is unknown"

AOL was referring to the America Online 9.5 software its confusing I guess when its named after itself

probably shouldn't have mentioned this since it doesn't seem to be related

I fixed the problem where my computer wont boot by reformatting my hard drive 2 weeks ago

which is when there problems with bitcomet, bittorent programs appeared which is still a problem

There was a change in the way that the listening port is tested. BitComet was unique in it's ability to active test your port, while others used a passive test. The active test sends a message to our servers, and our servers try to initiate a connection, if this connection fails, your light turns yellow, if it is never received, your light is grey, and if it is received, your light is green.

In recent versions we use both the active and passive tests, so if we were unable to connect to run the active test, then as soon as bitcomet runs a task and "remote" peer connections are present, the light turns green. Think of this as a backup method of testing.

When this was first implemented, there was a bug in that the menu when you scroll over the light shows the message from the active test, even though the port was confirmed to be open by the passive test.

However, this does tell me that something, most likely a firewall or security software is blocking your applications from accessing the internet.

I suspect something you installed is causing this problem. Do you use an Nvidia products? They bundle a network address manager and firewall with their products, neither does their job well and you can forget using p2p programs successfully with them installed.

Thats just a guess, since you just did a reinstall I figured you might have used the Nvidia drivers disc and been prompted to install them. If not, then we'd have to know everything you installed on your computer, and even then it could be difficult to determine what is causing the problem.

You may want to start this process over and reinstall windows, confirm bitcomet is working, then install your other stuff one at a time, and if something causes the problem to resurface, you will know what it is.

Also, the AOL program you mention is for dial-up internet connection, and I don't think it's been developed for the past 10years, but perhaps I'm wrong. Good thing I asked because I was about to assume you mean AIM, the only major product aol still uses, that I know of.

• 4 years later...

I also have the same problem since a couple of days. Comet refuses to sign in. DHT and Wan both connected and green light. Download is fine. Speed is fine, just rank and score points are not being collected, of course. I was operating with version 1.36 and yesterday I have updated to version 1.38 but no change.

• Like 1

I have not been able to sign in CometID since 23:00 April 30, 2015.

I've tried installing earlier versions, but with the same results.

I can download but not get any ranks or score point (up to 66305 to date).

The message I get is that there is a problem at the CometID server.

All of my freinds here (scattered round the country) are experiencing the same.

I've attached a screenshot FYI.

Many thanks..

post-96663-0-86081000-1430641444.jpg

@The UnUsual Suspect Is there a problem with the connection between CometID and BitComet?

Yes there is, did you try using the search like I suggested?

If you had you would have found this quote that I had posted in a dozen other topics all asking the same question.

To everyone concerned about CometID, yes it's down, this happens sometimes with websites just like it does with your personal computer, errors occur and need to be fixed. Large commercial websites like Google and Amazon have many backup servers running and staff on duty 24/7 to fix problems, but BitComet being a free service is maintained by volunteers and it will be fixed as soon as someone on the development team has the time to fix it. I have notified them of the outage and I expect it will be up and running by monday, if not sooner.

In the mean time you can continue to use BitComet, it will still work as good as any other bittorrent client and only some of it's more advanced features like LTseed snapshots, search for mirrors etc will be effected by the outage.

• Like 1

I get this message :

Log in on website works and I am recognized but no score, rank etc. Clicking on link to check points I get the following message:

Internal Server Error

SoapClient::SoapClient(http://member.bitcomet.com/webservice/wsdl): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 CException

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

Thank you.

To everyone concerned about CometID, yes it's down, this happens sometimes with websites just like it does with your personal computer, errors occur and need to be fixed. Large commercial websites like Google and Amazon have many backup servers running and staff on duty 24/7 to fix problems, but BitComet being a free service is maintained by volunteers and it will be fixed as soon as someone on the development team has the time to fix it. I have notified them of the outage and I expect it will be up and running by monday, if not sooner.

In the mean time you can continue to use BitComet, it will still work as good as any other bittorrent client and only some of it's more advanced features like LTseed snapshots, search for mirrors etc will be affected by the outage.