To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet and emule

Onda1982

Hi.

I left Bitcomet uploading last night. In the morning, I checked the upload numbers in a site. It was the same. Then, I disabled emule plugin, restarted Bitcomet and in less than one hour the upload numbers changes.

---

I have a Windows 7, Bitcomet 1.26, Emule plugin 1.24, ADSL, NOrton Firewall (version 18.5), my port is not forwarded and I don't know the model of the router.

Hi.

I left Bitcomet uploading last night. In the morning, I checked the upload numbers in a site. It was the same. Then, I disabled emule plugin, restarted Bitcomet and in less than one hour the upload numbers changes.

---

I have a Windows 7, Bitcomet 1.26, Emule plugin 1.24, ADSL, NOrton Firewall (version 18.5), my port is not forwarded and I don't know the model of the router.

I found the model of the router. It's a SpeedTouch.

What is unusual in your mind about upload numbers changing? and why do you feel it's a problem?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "upload numbers"? that could mean dozens of different things, and most would expect to change continually.

I found the model of the router. It's a SpeedTouch.

Actually, that's the make of the router. The model, uniquely identifies it among other SpeedTouch devices, and it's usually a combination of digits and letters, such as: SpeedTouch 780WL.

uploads to eMule peers won't be logged by a bittorrent tracker. The two networks are unique and don't communicate with each other. BitComet is also unique in that it's the only client (so far) that is able to combine resources across the two unrelated networks, but the fact that uploads to one network are not logged by another is normal and to be expected.

• 2 years later...

I just bought a PC with windows8. In setting up BitComet I downloaded the emule plugin (ver 1.24). When i went to install, I received a box that this plugin was good for WinXP and above and would go no further. BitComet is running well except for emule.

Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...