To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Preparing your download Channel???

Syphorous

Hi, this is the first step in the process where the remote server runs the task, then when it acquires a block of data, it will begin sending it to the local peer (your computer). If the task is unable to begin, then this could happen. If you send me the torrent your trying to download, I can test it and submit it to the development team if VIP is at fault.

You can upload the torrent to this post, or send it in a private message if you prefer.

From my own experience, this phase should not last very long at all. (Depending on the size of the torrent, natch.) If it does go on for a long time (and pretty much any time that seems long, is), then it's never going to exit the "Prepering" state.

This is a bug and a problem, and many others have reported it. In my own experiments, more torrents than not experience this, but since VIP downloads return almost no information, I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it.

Let's say that we're not ready for the rollout until this one is fixed.

• 10 months later...

I have the same issue:

"22f39913f503c07ad907e35a27866d80bfa61c8c"

Pretty.Little.Liars.S01E07.The.Homecoming.Hangover.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi

with this file.. preparing your download channel, I have a router, but my computer is put in the DMZ ...

Okay, so are you saying that "preparing your download channel" needs some sort of patch and a new version of BitComet if it will ever work. I'd like to re-use my bandwidth when the "REAL" vip working version that actually prepares is released....

Please request a refund from paypal. We (forum staff) don't know why vip works fine for one person and not for others, and we have no ability to reserve your bandwidth until whatever the problem is has been resolved.

• 1 year later...

I have found that if you wait long enough it does prepare the channel and the acceleration is up to 3.5 mbs for me. I think it may be different on this computer(I'm away from home) which is running XP service pack three. At home, with Win.7 Pro it works fine but with this machine it seems to take too long to accelerate. It might be easier just to d/l w/o the V.I.P.?

The VIP service had a rough beginning and it's still far from perfect. It will succeed in preparing a channel when the resources are available. The queuing system has been improved which is why you are eventually getting a successful channel, but if you have a fast connection with a good upload speed then vip might not be good for you, but for other members who have limited upload they can get more benefit from the help that vip offers.