To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

task scheduler service-properties are grayed out in windows 7

puttachinku

task scheduler service properties are grayed out in windows 7

just not this a lot of options in administrative tools are grayed out even though i disable the UAC and I hold the administrative account, h***.........even i figured out a way to enable default administrative account for access :angry: even in the default admin account still a lot of option are grayed out. this is relay driving me crazy. been googline for hours now :(

Edit by staff: This topic does not pertain to BitComet scheduler. If you happened across this topic looking for help with scheduling bandwidth in bitcomet, then look elsewhere, this is unrelated.

Edited by The UnUsual Suspect
edit to prevent confusion (see edit history)

I can't make this happen either. I'm not entirely clear what you mean, because there's nothing really useful to be accomplished in the "properties" entry for Task Scheduler, so I suppose you must mean the various fields of Task Scheduler itself, but these are all available for me.

A screenshot would be nice...

Open a control panel window and go to Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools (copy/paste in the address bar)

it should look like a normal folder with shortcuts in it. Make a sreenshot of it and post it here.

Right click a shortcut and click open file location, it should take you to %windir%\system32. If it returns an error you need to repair or reinstall your windows.

:D sorry for the miss leading tittle and thank you very much for answering, well it's like this:

i was trying to use windows scheduler to launch BitComet at specific time. i wanted system to wake automatically from the sleep to run it, even though i checked the check box which say 'wake from sleep to run this task automatically' it’s not happening i googled for hours to find solution and one of them asked me to tweak the scheduler in component services. But unfortunately as you can see most of the options are grayed out, not just this a lot of option are grayed out in administrative tools. It’s really frustrating even though I’m using admin account still it's grayed out. Even i figured out a way to enable and access default administrator account but nothing changed :( it was same story with xp but i was able find the solution and configured the scheduled task so the system will wake to run the task, successfully. But in windows7, so far no good. i just can't tolerate this windows developers attitude towards users, it's like "don't worry dear user just let OS handle everything and don't interfere, you just play videos and enjoy our eye-candy GUI if you do want to interfere get lost and, lose yourself by burying yourself in heaps of option to get anything done correctly ". i mean just look at this mess now, if i want that scheduled task to behave in a way and i checked proper option it should happen as it stated it would be but, no.......anyway i guess i should stop whining about it. Here is the pic,

post-54333-13120838767823.jpg

and in any case if anyone of you know how to tackle this scheduler troubles please help me out. so I have two issues here

1. How to run BitComet (or any application) using scheduler so that system wakes up from the sleep automatically to run the task.

2. how to get ‘actual administrative ‘account with no restriction in windows 7

The first one is more pressing matter at hand

A screenshot would be nice...

Open a control panel window and go to Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools (copy/paste in the address bar)

it should look like a normal folder with shortcuts in it. Make a sreenshot of it and post it here.

Right click a shortcut and click open file location, it should take you to %windir%\system32. If it returns an error you need to repair or reinstall your windows.

thank you for the info :) but none of them returned any error..........

Edited by puttachinku (see edit history)

Before I read your post, are you logged into a user account with administrative privleges? Also, does your account have a password? Some features are disabled if your account isn't passworded.

Also, if you disabled uac, try turning it back on.

When your in "administrative tools", instead of opening "component services", try opening "Task Scheduler", then there will be a link to setup a task.

I suspect that once you set one up, the items will no longer be grayed out.

post-1287-13120930294136.jpg

well, as you can see i already created several tasks, the only problem is I can't make the computer to wake automatically to run the task. even if i checked those boxes :( the computer won't wake up at all and plus when wake I it up manually after several minutes task automatically runs on start up even though I unchecked that option 'start task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed'.did you tried to create a task in laptop? and made it wake from sleep? is it worked?

post-54333-13120945896465.png

i usually start my laptop and put it in sleep-mode,before getting bed so that it will awake form the sleep to run the task,and i know how to setup a scheduled task, but the problem is it's not working :( my previous image clearly clarifies it, even though i checked those boxes system won't wake up on it's own :( that's where i'm struck :(

Edited by puttachinku (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

I found this forum by having the same problem, however with a different program. I found a solution for my situation and figured I would post for anyone having a similar problem. I had several options grayed out when modifying a scheduled task through Task Scheduler on Windows 8.1. On the General tab I changed Configure For from its default of "Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, or Windows 2000" to my version of Windows being Windows 8.1. When I went back through the other tabs the options that were previously grayed out are now usable. Hope this helps anyone else having this problem and comes across this old forum.

• Like 1