To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VIP Anonymous downloads won't get past 98%-99%

mustangman9499

Just joined Bitcomet yesterday and became a VIP member. I really liked the idea of anonymous downloads. I loaded like 5 torrents from Kickass Torrents with really good seed/leechers ratios. I started the download with vip service and I checked the box to make the download anonymous. I did each torrent one at a time. Of the 5 I loaded only 2 completed at 100%. The other 3 torrents are stuck at 98.6% to 99.8%! I've tried restarting bitcomet several times and even restarting the computer. All three are still stuck at 98.6% to 99.8%. Is there anything I can do?

• Like 1

We have come across similar issues. This is common when a feature is in beta testing phase, and our development team is working on the problems.

For now, you can recover your vip bandwidth on tasks that do not complete after 24hours. If you encounter a problem where you are unable to recover unused bandwidth, or if these issues make it difficult to use your bandwidth in the allotted time, you can send a private message to administrator "zerojinn", with your cometID name and transactions details and she should be able to adjust your account.

Also, if you want to help track down these bugs, you can copy the magnet links for the torrents that won't complete and our staff and beta testers can test the torrent and forward them to development if they repeatedly fail to complete.

• 5 months later...

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D52ROCZVRZJQOZCCOLDKDXEDT74NQ477&dn=The%20Girl%20With%20A%20Dragon%20Tattoo%202011%20DVDSCR%20XviD%20AC3-FTW&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.thepiratebay.org%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.com%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.novalayer.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.1337x.org%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.pow7.com%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ex.ua%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&xl=1197008791

Torrent stops at 99.8 %, VIP anonymous downloading enabled.

/Otto

The same rules apply to VIP anonymous downloading as they do to normal bittorrenting. If the swarm doesn't have a health of at least 100%/1.0 then the torrent is not going to complete. Nobody has the missing parts. Your download will proceed until you have all of the available pieces, then the download will stop until/unless somebody who has the missing piece(s) joins the swarm.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it is definitley a bug. I mainly use VIP anonymous but no more; not gonna pay for something that does not work. Movie downloads have a 100% fail rate! They NEVER complete; always get stuck between 98-99.9%. I do not have a problem with other types of torrents; it seems to be just movie files; maybe this is just a coincidence. If one removes the anonymous, it will complete just fine. It's silly to pay for this anymore. Being refunded bandwidth is of no use if I can never download a movie file with Anonymous anyway. I am going to try an older version of Bitcomet. I never had a problem with version 1.23 or so, and if that doesn't work I just will give up.

You don't have to change your client version just on account of VIP/A. The VIP anonymous feature is something independent of the rest of the client; if you don't enable it your client will work just as any other BitTorrent client.

That is, unless you have other reasons for which you want to change, in which case it's your choice.

VIP Anonymous is not that new. It's been around for at least a year now. Yet you all still haven't been able to fix basic issues; like downloads not completing or the service not starting, etc. "VIP Anonymous is new and has bugs" has been your mantra from its inception, yet none of the issues have been fixed. And yes, Kluelos, VIP Anonymous IS a paid service; it is not free but considering these bugs are never addressed, I will no longer use the service.

• Like 1

"We all" have nothing to do with it. "We all" are unpaid volunteers who try to help others out. The whole service was rolled out this way over our objections and protests. Those of us here on the forum have just tried to keep you informed. We don't get any answers either.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the service. You don't have to pay for it in order to continue using BitComet as fully and completely as any other user.

Nobody else offers anything like Anonymous VIP service. It's being developed part-time, on a shoestring budget, which we think is completely apart from the mainstream BitComet effort. It will take a lot of time, and a lot of patience. Maybe the actual developer(s) will give up on the project. If you don't have that time or that patience, or just don't want to participate in the project at this early stage, then don't.

One thing's sure: anything you say here will never reach the ears of the developers, who are not here and do not speak English in any case.

I think it should have been made a lot clearer to everyone, just what they were actually getting. Others think so too. That was not the way it was done. "It is new. It has bugs. There is no timetable for anything."

• 10 months later...

Could this bug be related to the 2 hour seeding limit tacked on to the end of the feed at the server end?

Noticed they were trying to keep the ratio over 1.0

seems like it would be awfully easy to have that be the reason it is not completing the file, it may be looking for a confirmation.

And if no one else in the private list picks it up, it may just time out...... and then never complete, because it would be deleted after 2 hours.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@lucasmath

If you insist on making posts such as the one above - which neither adds any insight nor aids in the query or its solution - your post(s) will be deleted and your account be restricted.

^^

I think what this member is saying is that he agrees with the post above. If so, the intentions were good however please understand that this is an international technical support forum and we get members from all parts of the world visiting and posting here so we cannot allow things like regional slang, or posts like this that might make sense to people from one specific culture but will confuse others. We also have to restrict posting to English in the main forum and only officially supported languages in the international forum. This is because our site is strictly moderated to avoid any types of harmful links to malware or viruses and bad information that could put your system or your security at risk and if our moderators cannot read the post, then we cannot moderate the forum. In many cases we can get approximate translations using software, but this is (at best) difficult for technical issues and completely impossible if the post contains slang, or spelling/grammar errors. If a member doesn't have a good understanding of English but is willing to try, they are welcome to post as best they are able, but intentional grammar and spelling errors won't be tolerated, this refers to internet slang, (so called) ebonics, or any other type of regional dialect that you may feels is "cute", but will only confuse and frustrate our international members who don't understand it and can't get any translator to make sense of it either.

We aren't going to be "grammar nazi's" and punish honest mistakes, but if your post reads like this...

Iz dun no wats up... (or) 7yp1n 1n 1337 $p34k, then you may find your post deleted and your account warned. If you don't take a warning serious, then you'll find your access to the forum restricted or terminated.

Please understand, although this forum is provided by BitComet development team, it belongs to the users, is staffed by users and is intended for users to help each other. Most of you should know this if you've been using freeware products for very long because the "free" in "freeware" means there is no paid technical support teams to help you, but in many cases we provide better support than most paid products, but we do require that members make an effort to learn and we don't have to tolerate members who can't be bothered to read the rules so if you ask why bitcomet doesn't work but don't include all the details about your version and your computer, then if we do decide to help you our ability to give you accurate info will be limited by the lack of information.

ps. Getting back on topic, if members are getting VIP tasks that stop at about 99% and the torrent contains (for example) a movie and a small file... example...

movie.avi (700,000kb)

file.txt (2kb)

It's possible that Bitcomet found the "movie.avi" from a none bittorrent source or from a different torrent but was unable to find the "file.txt". What you can do is try playing the movie, if it works normally then you can stop the task. If you have the option set to append .bc! to unfinished files you will want to rename the file extension to the proper one. Bitcomet will not do this automatically until each bittorrent piece passes hash check and since the last piece contains the .txt file, it won't pas hash check,but that doesn't mean that the movie isn't complete.

Also since you're using VIP you don't have to worry about seeding, bitcomet's high speed servers will continue to seed the task for upto 2hrs if necessary to achiive a 1:1 ratio but in a theoretical case like this there would probably be no seeders on the torrent so it wouldn't matter anyway.

If you want to learn more about how bitcomet VIP operates both inside and outside of the bittorrent swarm you can read some of my posts in this forum or in our wiki.bitcomet.com website.