To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Task complete but low share ratio?

jtawg

I am trying NOT to be a leecher, so that last 3 files I've downloaded I've left running to share (seed?). After 5 days they all are displaying a green dot (vs the orange arrow previously) and have "stopped/finished" beside them. The share ratios are all under 0.26 and one being as low as 0.06.

Have I done something incorrectly? I was prepared to leave these downloads until the 1.5 share ratio recommended.

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem. I can't seem to get my share ratio to increase and my health stays at 0% Could there be an incorrect setting? I have been reading lots of help files but not getting anywhere. I leave my computer on and the file has an orange arrow now but when I hover over the arrow I get - connecting ... [finished] - Any ideas? For example todays file has been seeding for over 8 hours and the status says connecting but the share ratio remains at 0.00. Occasionally I get a split second of a peer connecting and the status changes to uploading but just as quick it goes back to connecting. I am using Bit Comet v1.35 with an ADSL connection on a bright box wireless Router from Orange. I am using Windows 7 on a 64bit computer with bullguard antivirus.

In order to upload you need to connect to a peer that needs the data you have. In some cases there may be many high speed seeders so someone on an adsl connection will have a hard time finding a peer to upload to. Best you can do is just leave them running until you find peer connections.

This problem is common on private trackers, many members have rented commercial servers seeding the torrents and they can upload over 100 times faster than most users so as soon as a peer finds a connection like that, they won't request from other slower peers. On popular public torrents there is usually no problem finding peers in need of data.