To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VIP Acceleration won't work...

fidfid88

I recommend you wait until the service is stable before purchasing.

If the service is not stable, why is it that it not displayed in the purchasing page? You should put it there to avoid hassle to your users. It's only five bucks, but the time that we spent searching why there's no increase in our download is worth more than that. :(

If the service is not stable, why is it that it not displayed in the purchasing page? You should put it there to avoid hassle to your users. It's only five bucks, but the time that we spent searching why there's no increase in our download is worth more than that. :(

It is listed as being in beta testing, and I have recommended adding a disclaimer, but that's not my decision. Keep in mind that this forum is staffed by bitcomet users and we don't make policy at bitcomet, but we are the ones that the users come to when they have problems, so if you want to try it, feel free, but many are unable to get a working connection many times. Development is working on the problem, but until we get some more successful reports, we (forum staff) will advise members to wait.

It is listed as being in beta testing, and I have recommended adding a disclaimer, but that's not my decision. Keep in mind that this forum is staffed by bitcomet users and we don't make policy at bitcomet, but we are the ones that the users come to when they have problems, so if you want to try it, feel free, but many are unable to get a working connection many times. Development is working on the problem, but until we get some more successful reports, we (forum staff) will advise members to wait.

Yeah, in the services, it only displays the details, and when you go to help, it is not clearly stated that there's an on-going issue. This problem has been mentioned since 2011 and we are reaching the last quarter of 2012, and no one was able to put the exact details on your site. :(

• 9 months later...

ya...mine also...it's show "VIP acceleration is enabled,preparing your download channel...." and it's stuck and nothing shown...it's really a waste of money since i trust this is functioning....sad

• 1 year later...

the issue is not about refunding !

the question is : Is it really work -_-

In my case it's says : VIP accleration is enabled. your request is queuing !

is that mean it's work or still queue ?

• if it's working then there is no diffrent than the actual speed !
  • if it's not working due to the queuing , then how much time I should wait ?

Edited by Opowered (see edit history)

If the task is queued then it is not yet working.

Well . I have downloaded 36 GB in around 6 hours and it's still in queue !!

Is that mean vip accleration won't work ?!

All what I need to know is : does that service really work ?!?!?!?!

I was involved in the original beta testing and it worked great, but haven't used it at all in the past year or two. I've talked with many members who have had problems and in most cases vip was purchased to download unseeded tasks in which case nothing can help. That would be like upgrading to overnight shipping to get your backordered item delivered faster... just won't happen. There were also problems with too many users at the same time. This was a huge problem when the service first went public and we had so many free trials that the servers couldn't keep up, but after they restricted the free trials and purchased more servers it worked pretty well for those who understood how it works and had reasonable expectations. The queuing system was added to prevent users from being stuck with vip tasks that never start, as long as it's queuing you can cancel the vip. I'm not sure why it would be queued for so long, but I have no access to the system to determine if there is a problem so all I can tell you is it worked when I tested it and it continues to have many repeat users, but I don't personally recommend it and definitely wouldn't recommend it unless someone understands what it does and how it works.

In your case it doesn't seem to be working, but most complaints were problems with the tasks not with vip.

If your task has significantly completed, then I would cancel vip and try it on another task.

I was involved in the original beta testing and it worked great, but haven't used it at all in the past year or two. I've talked with many members who have had problems and in most cases vip was purchased to download unseeded tasks in which case nothing can help. That would be like upgrading to overnight shipping to get your backordered item delivered faster... just won't happen. There were also problems with too many users at the same time. This was a huge problem when the service first went public and we had so many free trials that the servers couldn't keep up, but after they restricted the free trials and purchased more servers it worked pretty well for those who understood how it works and had reasonable expectations. The queuing system was added to prevent users from being stuck with vip tasks that never start, as long as it's queuing you can cancel the vip. I'm not sure why it would be queued for so long, but I have no access to the system to determine if there is a problem so all I can tell you is it worked when I tested it and it continues to have many repeat users, but I don't personally recommend it and definitely wouldn't recommend it unless someone understands what it does and how it works.

In your case it doesn't seem to be working, but most complaints were problems with the tasks not with vip.

If your task has significantly completed, then I would cancel vip and try it on another task.

well , I used to download files with highest seed always , but it's it seem VIP won't work anymore , May I know who I should talk to ask for refund ?

thanks

• 2 months later...

at the time it said it was too late to disable it. and your so called "wasting it" was done by a lot of people.i try to use it now and i had to "waste it"because i was not there to disable it.i did not use all my vip bandwidth this time and lost it(unused) because because vip would not work.next time if i purchase it i will discontinue it after 10 minutes.maybe it will work sometime in the future.i was replying to the grey wizard.it never worked in 2011(?)or now 2014.

Edited by fredg777 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've never seen these errors you are referring to. You also provided no info about your system. We'd be glad to help you, but you're going to have to explain your problem better. For starters you can follow and read the first link in my signature and when you reply with all the required info, also include screenshots of the error messages you're getting.

I will arrange to send the info you require. The errors are EXACTLY as I have described. I cannot even access the VIP Acceleration website. It keeps saying Bad Gateway.

As I said every other part of Bit Comet works.

Will be in touch when I can find someone in the next few days who can understand your too technical details.

Will be in touch when I can find someone in the next few days who can understand your too technical details.

I'm not sure what you do not understand. We've provided a very simple list of information we require so we can understand what type of hardware and software you're using but you haven't answered any of the questions so I don't even know what windows version you're using. Is even that question "too technical"?

After a few messages I was finally able to understand that you never even made it to the website to order vip and I can confirm the website was down. I reported this to development and they will fix it when they are able. I suspect they are on holiday's at the moment as I haven't heard back about it yet.

As for vip, I don't use it myself. I helped beta test it before it went to public beta and it worked great for me, but since I have a very fast upload speed it really wasn't needed. It's since had some problems after going public, initially because of thousands of users trying to access it at once so we had to restrict the free accounts.

It's a great idea for two reasons, for privacy, and for those who have slow upload speeds that make it difficult to download with torrents. Unfortunately we have seen a lot of users that assume it's a universal solution to any problem and it's not. In many cases performance problems are due to people setting up Local area networks (LAN) and not properly forwarding their port, and it gets even more complicated when they ask for help and don't even mention that they are connected through a LAN and have made no efforts to setup their router or even mention that they use one. It could take 5 or 6 messages over the course of as many days just to learn that they are behind a router even though it's one of the first questions we ask in our rules.

It's also important to remember that no one here is paid to help you, this is a free product developed and supported by volunteers and if you do some reading in the forum you'll see that the members who provide info usually get their answers very quickly, while those who do not can often take days or even weeks. We've spent a lot of time and effort developing the list of questions to cover 90% of the info needed to solve most problems and we've posted the list with links all through the forum, yet most members would rather avoid spending a few minutes reading the questions in favor of spending a week or more while we struggle to get the basic info from them.

It's very refreshing to see members who provide an abundance of info in their support requests

yes, that indicates there is a problem that needs to be addressed by the development team, perhaps the same reason the website is down.

They have been alerted

ps. have you clicked the link for "more detailed info"?

Due to the national holidays in china there could be some delay in getting this resolved. Today being Chinese new year and the spring festival lasts until the 25th if I'm not mistaken.

I did notify the development team and if they get the message during the holidays I'm sure they will fix the servers involved, otherwise we'll just have to wait. If there is any significant loss of use due to this outage I'm sure we can get your accounts credited.

I apologize for not being of more help in this area as I don't have access to the vip system to confirm outages, but hopefully it will be resolved soon.

This problem still exists (now 3 weeks).

Know you cannot do anything about it, but it seems to be quite apparent that Bit Comet does not care.

They have now removed their "Contact" addresses and only refer to tthe forum. As they have received money for this product it is extremely poor Customer Service to not provide the service they have accepted payment for.

Can only thank you for your assistance and ask that you provide Bit Comet with a complete no confidence.

Thanks again

Peter