To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VIP Acceleration won't work...

fidfid88

It hasn't been three weeks since I had enough info to confirm the system was down and although I understand your frustration, they are volunteers (as am I) and don't work on national holidays. You can request a refund through paypal, or wait until the development team returns and I'm sure they will extend your account to compensate for the downtime if that's what you want.

There's not much else I can say except to either wait or get a refund from paypal.

All I can tell you is what I've learned from a google search, and that is the week long national holidays in China just ended, but I have no way of knowing when the development team will respond to me. They do all have their day jobs and develop bitcomet in their spare time, but usually do respond to problems in a timely manner. I did notice that the website vip.bitcomet.com is back up, so perhaps they are working on it, but I have no way to test if the vip servers are working.

Good News!!!

I heard back from development and they are working on the problem as I type.

I need help from everyone here, please post here if the service comes back on line as I have no way to confirm it myself since I don't have an active beta testing account. I'm going to need to rely on all our vip members to confirm when it's fixed.

Also, I've requested a conference with the team leader and creator of BitComet so we can map out how to compensate all the VIP users. Anyone who has already started a paypal dispute may want to wait for the forthcoming announcement before escalating their case as I'm confident everyone will be compensated.

I'm not sure exactly when service will be restored or when this decision will be made, but I do hope to give you all the explanations you deserve along with the any compensation due.

Also thank you to all the patient members out there and for many who were understandably upset yet kept this discussion civil.

TuuS

I spoke to development again and there is a more persistent problem than first believed. A simple reboot didn't do the trick so the team that wrote the software is debugging and we hope to get the system up and running. I've also had my own account enabled so I can monitor the progress and let you all know the status without delay.

We are also planning a meeting to discuss how to deal with compensation, so anyone who has lost service during this outage and hasn't requested a refund will get instructions posted in the forum as soon as we work out the details.

mine is operational as well. when will my time extention take effect? any word on that info yet?

I too have confirmed VIP is working again. The meeting to discuss how to compensate user should be scheduled for sometime next week, so look for my announcement. I'll probably refer to this as the "spring festival outage" since that is when it took place and I'm sure you will all be fairly compensated.

In the meantime enjoy using your accounts and feel free to share any feedback, good or bad on how the service is working since the overhaul that was completed today.