To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

VIP Acceleration won't work...

fidfid88

waste of money.. after purchasing the vip bandwith, enable the file for acceleration, i only see it show "vip acceleration is enabled. preparing your channel download" but doesn't seen to increase the speed. from the speed i look at it, 0% to 100% completed, it is still the same... so regret of paying the $$$. :angry:

We have had some problems with certain tasks enabling vip, but in general, when it works, it works very well.

I'd encourage you to keep trying, but if you're unhappy, you can send a message to zerojinn, she can make adjustments to accounts if needed.

Also keep in mind that vip is still in beta testing, so some errors are to be expected.

• Like 1

8.5 Hours later and no matter what i try to download, it says prepairing my channel for download.

I'm using bitcomet 1.29

I'm running windows 7

I use a BT home hub 2

mcaffee antivirus my browser is firefox

my options are

download 80% of my bandwidth

upload 80% of my bandwidth

i have an 8MB ADSL connection

We all wish all the bugs were fixed instantly, but some seem to be persistent, so all we can do is give the development team the time and patience they need to work out all the issues. If a user is upset and wants a refund, I'm sure they will be accommodated, or if you need your account extended until your able to use it all, I'm sure we can work something out.

In the meantime, please feel free to continue to try it. When it works, it works very well and I've downloaded hundreds of gigabytes when testing it. It usually maxes out my connection speed of 3000kB/s, but it could easily do ten times as much.

For account related issues, the person you need to talk to is Zerojinn. Hopefully she can find some way of satisfying anyone who is unhappy with the service.

He means that if a task doesn't start within minutes, it probably won't start if you wait for hours. This is speculation from observation though, the truth is we aren't sure why some tasks don't seem to start, but I'm sure the development team is working on it.

vip will benefit you if your unable to get good peer connections because of your ability to upload. If there are no good peers in the torrent, nothing can help you, and comparing a healthy torrent without vip to an unhealthy one with vip isn't a valid comparison.

I purchased VIP today and find it hard to maintain connection. It comes and goes and like the other member says keeps with the preparing your bandwidth. Just for interests sake I logged out for the same torrents and my download speeds maintained their speed and got quicker, logged in and hey presto lost it again. I'm really not sure what I have achieved for my money

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If your BitComet spends more than 24 hours without downloading anything you can reclaim the download quota by simply clicking on the "Disable VIP acceleration" button AFAIK.

So, there's no point in wasting it, just because the task didn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

VIP accelleration is a new thing in the world, and when it works, it's completely anonymous.

I understand how frustrating this can be while they work the problems out, and it will certainly take a while, but what a terriffic thing it will be when it gets going. I wish it was handled better, but I can certainly understand a little patience with this difficult birth.

• 5 months later...