To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cometbird freezes often

I don't why it does that but sometimes, it just starts to freeze on sites like a gallery, photobucket or livejournal. It happens at least 5-10 times a day. :/

I'm a new user to this browser and so far I like it except for the freezing part.

Another question is, is there a way to open links from the bookmark toolbar in the same tab I was using? I tend to use the toolbar a lot, and it gets a little tiring having new tabs opening all the time and close the old ones. It'll be easier if I could re-use an old tab.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Try this with the equivalent version of FireFox. If you still have issues, then they are almost certainly with the underlying Firefox code and the solution should be pursued in their fora and, of course, with the manufacturer of the web cam.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I am also experiencing terrible problems with Cometbird freezing from time to time. Just now, I have grown tired and I am getting angry with the browser freezing everytime I shift from one tab to another. Also, it always displays an error message saying to stop a script. I do stop the script but it just repeats everytime.

This is usually caused by websites that run scrips to update the page commonly used for email, facebook etc. They continue to scan and display any changes to the page each time using more memory and when you run out of memory, the scripts stop responding. This type of problem is more noticeable for users with computers with limited amount of ram memory.

How much ram memory does this laptop have, what windows version and open task manager when this problem surfaces and check the "processes" tab and see how much memory cometbird.exe is using, also look for "plugin container" and "adobe flash player" and see what they are consuming. It wouldn't be a bad idea to sort the processes by memory usage and look at all the processes that are using the most memory.

With this info I'm hoping I can tell you if you have a problem, or you're simply asking the laptop to do more work then it's able to do because your symptoms could indicate either.