To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet v1.31

hXXp://download.bitcomet.com/bitcomet/bitcomet_x86_setup.exe

http://www.virustotal.com/url-scan/report.html?id=46e8b84e0cce8d2b36df221c65d7cc8f-1325272539

ParetoLogic * Malware site

bitcomet_x86_setup.exe

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=50416c85ca30fc651faeb87dfae905519c6257e57d41bca669f5100ecbe817e4-1325276167

ClamAV 0.97.3.0 * 2011.12.30 * PUA.Packed.PECompact-1

:o

When only 1 out of 16 link scanners and only one in 41 online file scanners find it suspicious, it's pretty safe to say it's a false positive.

PUA stands for POTENTIALLY Unwanted Application(it is just a warning, nothing specific), Packed means it is compressed(it's an installer, duh!).

So 40 Antivirus softwares, major players like Kaspersky, Symantec, Mcafee, Trend Micro, PCtools, Panda, AVG, Avira all say it's clean and "Clam Anti Virus" throws up some vague warning with no definition??? first of all, you just convinced me never to trust "Clam Anti Virus" (not that I'd ever use it anyway).

If you're implying there is some problem here, then I'd agree, but you went to the wrong place to report it, you need to report it to ClamAV, it's their error, not ours.

Oh, it is defined in the ClamAV FAQ, and it means what Vasy says it does. Not a trojan, not a virus, just maybe something you don't want -- although that judgment seems to involve a couple of pretty ridiculous assumptions. Nobody installs BitComet "by accident".

@ kluelos, agreed... some antivirus consider p2p downloading risky so flag them all as PuP.

The only thing more misleading would be to make posts about it as if it was a real threat, instead of just looking up the definition.