vip not working.
Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:22 AM
Below are the informations that u need. i hope it helps
1) What version of BitComet are you using?
the latest of the latest 1.31
2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?
no idea. . maybe DSL PPPoE ??
3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?
modem. 2wire.gateway.com 2Wire 2701HGV-E-Gateway 2700-100678-007. Forwarded wat port? no idea what u talkin about. i suck a** when it comes to this kinda stuff
4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.
Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected.
5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?
window 7. Trend Micro Titanium internert security.
6) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.).
7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance.
ping 19ms , DownloadSpeed 3.11mbs , UploadSpeed 0.35mbs
Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:55 AM
Also look at your WAN IP address in the lower corner, does it have a green light? or yellow? If it's yellow, it means your port is blocked and you're going to have to do a bit of learning if you want p2p downloading to work well for you.
Regarding your internet connection, you have about 3 megabit download which is almost ten times your upload speed. This means you're not able to send a lot of data to other peers, so just like in real life, if you constantly take and never give, people willing to give will become rare, and your speeds will be poor. VIP can help you with this because it's designed to upload on your behalf, then send you the data it get for you, but we've had some difficulty that hasn't been easy to resolve. For many users it works very well, and I've used it myself and seen exceptional speeds, but on some tasks it will tend to fail. All I can tell you is the development team is working on it and I'm not sure when all the bugs will be worked out, but there is no need upsetting yourself, if you're unhappy with it you can request a refund with paypal, and feel free to continue trying it while it's processed.
Download All Versions of BitComet Here!
BitComet Wiki FAQs
Guides and Tutorials!
Making and Posting Screenshots!
If We don't reply to your post within 24 hours, feel free to send me a pm
Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:03 PM
anw, u mind helping me out how to solve the WAN IP address thingy? its yellow light. used to be green wayyyyyyyyy back tho, like 2 years back i think haha.
Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:25 PM