To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

can't delete video file after download, why?

None of my videos will delete after I download and watch them. It says "Cannot delete. Make sure file is not write protected" etc. The torrent, task, and history is deleted in bitcomet. The only way I can get the files to delete is to boot up in safe mode and delete them. This doesn't happen with Utorrent. Any ideas or suggestions?

I don't have this problem, and as far as I know, no one else does either. My best guess is the files are open in a program, so your windows operating system, which you're keeping us in the dark about is locked the file to that application and won't let you alter it.

Basically this is a windows problem, but if you're serious about fixing it you should put forth a little effort, as you've given us no information at all except that you use some version of bitcomet, which implies you use some version of windows, but we aren't mind readers so not much we can do to help.

As soon as I dload it in bitcommet it can't be deleted. I try to delete it before I open it with anything else and it still doesn't delete. Even if it was the OS and if I told you what OS I was using, you wouldn't know how to fix this. Pls don't reply to any more of my posts until you fix your arrogance and condescension problem.

As soon as I dload it in bitcommet it can't be deleted. I try to delete it before I open it with anything else and it still doesn't delete. Even if it was the OS and if I told you what OS I was using, you wouldn't know how to fix this. Pls don't reply to any more of my posts until you fix your arrogance and condescension problem.

please don't ask for help from people who volunteer time to help you for FREE until you read the "READ THIS before posting" topic.

This is a windows problem, not a bitcomet one

• 2 months later...