To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

"Plugin container for cometbird has stopped working"

I used to use CB v. 9.0.1 and now uninstalled it, and replaced it with CB ver. 11.

And now I usually get this error when I clear some history and then exit CB ver. 11.

Also, when I uninstalled 9.0.1, I didn't remove the customizations because I'm not sure if it would remove my bookmarks and history.

then it displays this error:

"Plugin container for cometbird has stopped working".

------

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: plugin-container.exe

Application Version: 11.0.0.4473

Application Timestamp: 4f76db39

Fault Module Name: NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 502bf58e

Exception Offset: 66bf8873

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

-------

I'm using Win 7 32 bit

and I don't have any clear idea why this happen.

For those who could help....

Thanks in Advance!!!

One of your 3rd party plug-ins that you installed is not working. The error you report is a generic windows error and doesn't tell us which add-on is effected. The plugin container was designed to allow faulty plugins to crash without bringing down the entire browser, so it's doing it's job, you're just going to have to figure out which plugin is causing the problem and either uninstall it, or update it.

I find that adobe flash does this often, and much of the time it's not the plugin's fault, it's the publisher of the flash content you're running within it. Many online games are known to cause this and sometimes this will happen when the plugin runs out of memory and stalls, and after a certain amount of time being unresponsive, windows will display an error like this.

could it be bitcomet video downloader?

I doubt that, but there is no way I can be certain. If your version of firefox or cometbird doesn't support that extension, it will be automatically disabled, so shouldn't crash, but if you have a version that is compatible with your browser, then you can disable it and see if the problem is solved. The first extension I'd look at would be adobe flash, mine crashes regularly whenever someone tries to play farmville on one of my computers. That game is so memory hungry that it ends up using over 1600mb of ram and crashs the plugin. I've found the only work-a-round to either close the tab and reload the game every hour or so, or kill the process in task manager and restart it. It's annoying, but the kids love the game.

• 1 month later...

I also get this message everytime I close Cometbird, even though I am not playing browser games or using Flash/Shockwave content. I think the problem is that Cometbird is outdated compared to the plugins (esp. Flash and Shockwave) that it uses. I noticed that Cometbird, unlike Firefox, hasn't been updated in almost 6 months (yes, I know why; I've read the posts explaining about how CB is based off of new versions of FF).

However, I've gotten so tired of this error message popping up everytime I close my browser even though I've tried every fix mentioned in this forum and others, that I decided to download FF. I no longer get this message with FF v.16 that I get with CB v.11. I really think this is a capatability issue between the outdated version of CB and the updated version of the plugins (all of my plugins on both browsers are the latest versions). I really like CB better than FF, but since CB has not been updated in so long, I really have no choice but to switch. Please fix this soon so I can have my CB back :(.