To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Terrible at handling large files

mrvex

Currently using version : 1.33

Bitcomet often hangs, crash, lags by just clicking on the row of a large file 10gb above. especially at larger files such as 40gb+

Sometimes, i have to forcefully "end task" bitcomet in order to manage or resume my downloads again.

I'm going to move this to incomplete topics. If you reply with further information we can continue with a bug report, but you've given us nothng to look into here, but I will point out that there was an update to allow bitcomet to download torrents with larger piece sizes, whether or not this has anything to do with what you're reporting we'll never know because we don't even know if you're trying to download a torrent or not.

@ kluelos, many HD video files are larger then 10gb, they download fine with bitcomet unless the torrent's author used some extraordinary settings when the torrent was authored.

Ah. Never got into high-end video.

But I have never had any problem with torrents that were much larger than 10 GB, though the individual files were much smaller. It should not make a difference, since bittorrent is really oblivious to files within a torrent.

(80 GB for a high-res movie. Oy!)

Until a recent version bitcomet was able to download all but the largest bittorrent piece size. At the time it would accept much larger piece size then other popular clients, but torrent authors were making torrents with insanely large piece size like 8 or even 16mb. Using a piece size this large will mean that you have more discarded data, as it get's more difficult to get each complete piece without any errors, and it only takes one byte out of place to discard the entire piece.

As for large video files, uncompressed 1080p blueray video is sometimes 80gb or larger, but you can generally get that down to about 1/10th the size using good compression, so there is no real need to download such large files. In fact, I've seen many very good 1080p movies in the 2-3gb range.