To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Video plays "catch up"!

A couple of months back I noticed that when starting a Video (in just about every format) I get a Static screen from up to 30 secs into the file, but the Audio Starts at 0:00. When the audio finally catches up it continues normally. Though more annoying than a major problem at the beginning of a file when manually skipping ahead into the video the Audio/Video Sync behaves in a similar way with the screen showing a static image for up to 30 secs with the audio playing and then catches up with the video and continues to play.

This is happening on mine and a few of my friends PCs and all are running MPCStar 5.4.

Has anybody else noticed this, and has anybody got a fix for it.

This is common with video that is encoded for streaming, it's designed to skip instead of crashing if the video cannot be transferred fast enough to match the audio, the alternative would be audio that stops and starts. Before anyone could pinpoint the cause, much more info would be needed, such as the source of the video, is it on a local drive, optical disc, local network (if so what speed), internet (also what speed), the specs of your comptuer could also be a factor as well as the specs of the video files you're attempting to play.

Usually the best way to avoid this is to copy the file/s to a local drive and play them from there.

I can only speak for my own System as my wifes, sons and Friends also do this so:-

Win 7 Home Premium

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor 3.10 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable)

System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 5670

I don't Stream via MPCstar (my area has erratic speed at the best of times) and I generally use mp4 files (though Mkv and Avi Files do it as well) from a Local Drive (2Tb at 53%)