To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cross Seeding without downloading

gshiv_dynamic

I have downloaded a torrent in 2 attempts (ma be same tracker or different). Now I have all the files. I want to seed it. How can I do that? I do not want to upload it from my own account, but would like to seed through those previously loaders only.

In detail: let's say, a torrent has 2 folders and 4 files. I have downloaded 1 folder yesterday from some tracker and 1 folder from other one. I have all files now but I can not seed them directly. So I put them in a folder in the same way as it was to be from torrent. Since there are many peers looking for this file, so i need to seed it. I have downloaded another torrent and put these files in the same way. Now, when I am trying to seed, the orrent starts downloading. But I have already all the files, how can i stop downloading in a way that it would only seed.

Thanks in advance.

The files have to be identical down to the last byte, not similar, not only identical names or content, and they must be in the proper location when the torrent is started. If you got the files form a different torrent, then it's very likely they are different.

If the torrent is the same, then you must not have the files in the correct location. Try stopping the torrent and doing a manual hash check, if the files are there, it will report as complete after the hash check is finished.If it reports 0% (or close to 0%) complete, look to see if you have two of each file in your download folder.