To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Advanced scheduler

Hi;

why not implement an advanced scheduler (if it's possible) in which the user can schedule downloads to begin automatically, because with the current scheduler it doesn't download unless current time is whithin the time specified in the scheduler.

Regards.

Hi;

what i was saying is that i have set the scheduler to download at these times : from 3:00 AM to 9:00 AM (every day), but if i wanted to download a file when i'm using the computer (outside the 3:00 AM to 9:00 AM window and even if there are no pending downloads) it wouldn't start the download, so during the day i must disable the scheduler to download files whenever i try to download a file.

• 10 months later...

If I'm understanding what fbplitumium is saying, is that for each individual task to be able to enable a specific schedule for them if we wanted. In my area they offer unlimited downloading between the hours of 2am and 8am, but I would like to only download my larger files at that time (for instance a 15gb file), instead of having all the downloads follow the same rules, to be able to allow specific tasks to have specific schedules in their advanced properties tab would be fantastic!

Rather than coding bitcomet to treat each task separately which could be complicated, how about an option for tasks to bypass the scheduler? This may accomplish what you're asking for without requiring a major rewrite.