To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cannot Use BitComet via PROXY

deivijj_15

Hi guys,

I'm a university student and i use a proxy(which is a HTTP proxy) to connect to the internet. Normally, i use to enter this proxy directly in the comet to download files.

Recently, i hv started using proxifier for whole-system proxy( with a HTTP proxy profile) [setting the comet to "No-Proxy" setting ].

But im unable to download anything with this configuration. I cannot even login into bit comet.

Plz Help.

If you're doing this to try to get past your university blocking bittorrent traffic, then this isn't going to work. Your http proxy isn't going to transfer other protocols used by bitcomet, nor is it going to allow for incomming peer connections. The only way to do this efficiently is to use something like a vpn service where you're connecting to another computer that connects you to the internet. You'd probably be best to rent a seedbox which is a rented server that runs torrents for you, then you can transfer the completed files using a direct connection. Many students keep a computer at home running to do this, then you can connect using remote desktop, or operate your torrent client using web user interface.