To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet on ubuntu 12.10

prekshak

I installed bitcomet 1.36 on ubuntu 12.10 through wine windows program loader.It does not work.

I have some other programs like notepad ++ or foxit pdf reader installed which are working.

I will appreciate if any solution is suggested.

I'm afraid you're kinda on your own, there.

There is no support for Linux and we haven't had any feedback either from other users who actually tried and managed (or not) to make it work.

It's never been designed with that compatibility in mind AFAIK so it might not work at all.

Of course, if the devs can give you a hint on that they're welcome to do so.

Your best bet would probably be to ask Queenie to relay the question to them.

The development team has dismissed the idea of developing a Linux version several times. If you want to get BitComet working under Wine, you're going to have problems because BitComet uses Internet explorer to display webcontent as part of the CometID network and I think if you do manage to get it running under Wine, it won't be fully functional.

Good Luck

I thank both the gentlemen who replied and cleared the air for me.I was using bitcomet as my preferred torrent downloader

when I had windows running and had achieved some high rank in the phalanx of downloaders on the bitcomet platform.

Since my windows(vista) installation conked and cannot be installed again,I am using ubuntu 12.10. I guess I will have to wait

for getting another windows machine till I rejoin bitcomet ranks.