To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Docter, my EARS...

Johanneke1963

Since l'm a noobie l haven't got any 'deep' questions yet, just one for the mo:

Can anyone tell me PLEASE, before l start needing heartmeds, HOW do l lower that high pitch sound

that lets me know my download is finished? lt's so flipping loud, it makes me jump to the ceiling everytime, it's really disturbing. H E L P . . . (and hopefully l can find my way back here to see if there's an answer 4 me)

Thanx! ~: )

Edited by Johanneke1963 (see edit history)

YIHAAAAAAAA... My inner terriër wouldn't give up, so l tried a few more search options and finally entered: %appdata% BINGO, there's the desired file! Since l'm also a sceptic, l had to test it and... IT WORKS!!!

Listen, thank you sooo much, no more semi-heart attacks when a download is completed; you have no idea the difference that makes for me. (l almost feel like breaking out in a song..) :D :D :D

Really? Thanks for the tip! l might replace it with a less intrusive sound, maybe an angelic harpscale lol...

l'm pleasantly surprised by the fact that not only one, but two, BC administrators(!) were the ones to solve my problem so aptly; l would've been content with just the first response by queeniequ, but to get an 2nd one (out of the blue) that complements the 1st is really uplifting. (can you tell l spent time on youtube/google forums? lol) Thanks both of you, have a great week! ~: )

You're very welcome and welcome to the forum. Just consider me your Guardian Eagle, my job is to run the forum, keep our volunteer staff happy, help users when time allows, and (unfortunately) deal with those who don't follow instructions. Queenie is our rep from China, she communicates with the Chinese development team. We also have a few other interesting characters on staff, our feline mascot Cassie who you'll probably find mesmerized by a ball of yarn or chasing her tail, grey wizard who uses his crystal ball to decipher what kind of computers members are using when they can't be bothered to tell us, and Kluelos our resident philosopher who has been off pondering the existence of the universe so we haven't seen him in a while, but I'm sure if he comes to the conclusion that our universe does in fact exist, we'll see him back in the forum again. We have a few others, but that covers the main players at the moment. We did have a very smart 3-legged pirate dog, but I suspect he fell to one of the evil dog-catchers so I'm not sure if we'll see him anytime soon. As for me, I can be found perched here in the forum if you need me, or if the matter is urgent you can post me a message is large letters on the roof of your house and I'll read it next time I fly over on my way to and from my treetop nest.

Also the reason you had trouble finding the file initially is that you need to substitute \name\ with your windows login name. Traditionally BitComet has always kept these files in "c:\program files" folder, however starting with windows vista, microsoft designed windows to put these files into each individual users "virtual store" folder if the user had user account control enabled, if not, the files would go into "appdata", and older versions kept them back in "program files". In an effort to correct for this crazy "find the files" game that microsoft forced on users, BitComet added an advanced option (enabled by default) "system use appdata", so now by default everyone will have their configuration files in the same location.... hopefully, but certain situations cause exceptions that I won't get into.