To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

udp not connecting, tracker and dns errors

lover1957

i am getting alot of torrent errors udp is having no response dns errors code numbers for trackers are 11001 and 1004.

nd getting weird codes for trackers 10061 and 10060. i want these files and cant get them cause i am not getting anything please help me figure this out. and you say this is supposed to be faster to download i am beginning to thingk twice about this program. i have a dell 64 bit system and using 3.16 version of bit commet also using windows 7

I'm not sure what you mean by "udp not connecting" and the tracker errors you report are errors returned by the trackers, it could be a tracker is offline or the person who authored the torrent didn't know what they were doing.

Are you actually having a problem or are you just wanting to know what these obscure tracker messages mean?

To erase any confusion, torrents use a tracker, files do not. Generally there is only one tracker used, you can upload your torrent to more than one tracker but people who put a long list of trackers in a torrent have no idea what they are doing. In otherwords they probably don't work because they shouldn't be there. In order for a tracker to work you need to register the torrent with the tracker which is the job of the person authoring the torrent but I've seen torrents with long lists of non-working trackers and we even get people asking here in the forum where they can get lists of trackers to add.

All this does is create problems and results in a nightmare for all these tracker administrators who keep getting hammered with unregistered trackers. The ones most often abused have probably changed their url long ago to stop it which would explain the dns errors you're getting.

If i'm unable to find a properly made torrent for something and have to use one of the torrents with a long list of trackers I'd just delete the ones that don't work