To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

vip acceleration?

Joker1971

I purchased this VIP acceleration and I have to tell you I am disappointed. My downloads are not any faster and when it takes an hour to download an album containing 12 tracks makes it quite obvious. I feel like I was scammed or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

It's hard to say why your downloads are slow, a healthy torrent for an average album containing 12 songs on an average internet connection shouldn't take more than a few mins to complete. VIP can get you the data faster if you're unable to attract the best peers due to limited upload or other conditions, but if there is only one seeder feeding the torrent, it will only download as fast as it's provided.

I suggest you follow the first link in my signature and post all the required info including speed tests.

• 3 weeks later...

I've spent countless hours posting info on exactly how the service works, who it can help and who it cannot. Have you read any of it? If you have a specific question I'd be glad to answer it, but I can't spend three hours or more posting info for everyone who asks, especially considering it's all posted already, both here in the forum and on wiki.bitcomet.com.

If you want a brief explanation, VIP uploads on your behalf so you can attract the fastest peers and download at speeds you wouldn't normally be able to reach. Those with limited upload speed can benefit the most from vip.