To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Actualización

Hola y muy buenas llevo con Bitcomet a mas de 8 años y estoy supercontento con el,lo que me paso es la 1º vez y me quede hecho una fiera ya que al actualizar a la versión 1.35 automaticamente como lo tengo siempre,me borró todo lo que tenia descargando me puse hecho una fiera es porque los archivos era muy grande,por ejemplo la trilogia de transformers (16gb),terminator (17gb),la saga de Aliens (26gb),entre otros y lo tenia casi todos a mas del 70% llevabba dias descargando y ahora lo que tenia bajado ya no me sirve ya que no hay torrent en la colo de descargas ,habrá alguna manera de recuperar y seguir descargando dichos archivos o tendré que volver a descargarlo,espero respuesta y por cierto sacaré la actualización automatica por si la moscas vuelve a pasar,saludos

Hello and good day.

I've been using BitComet for over 8 years and am super happy with it.

What happened was that I had it set to upgrade automatically, as I always do, and when it upgraded to version 1.35, it erased/deleted everything that I had downloading. I became a real beast/animal, as this was the first time that it happened, and it had done so with very large files (eg. the Transformers Trilogy (16 Gb), Terminator (17 Gb) aand the Aliens Saga (26 Gb), amongst others). I had them pratically all at more than 70%, and had spent days downloading them... Now, what I had managed to download isno longer any good, as the torrent that were in the [downloading] task list aren't there anymore.

Is there any way to recuperate said files and continue downloading them? Or will I have to start all over again?

I await your reply and, for sure, will deactivate the automatic upgrade, just in case the same thing happens again.

Regards.

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

Hola y buenas noches.

Pido disculpas por la demora - donde vivo, hemos estado en alerta roja y con cortes de electricidad cada dos por tres, durante bastantes días. Los de los prognósticos meteorológicos no parecen acertar ni uno... Lo siento y espero que lo entendáis.

Un saludo.

Hello and good evening.

Please excuse the tardiness - where I live, we've been under red alert and have been experiencing power outages constantly, during quite a few days. The weather forecasters don't seem to guess very well at all... I'm sorry and hope that you understand.

Regards.

Hi,

BitComet stores all your tasks in a file called "downloads.xml". In the past this file was located in the installation folder (default location c:\program files\bitcomet), but with the introduction of windows versions starting with Vista, microsoft will move these files to one of several locations depending on several factors. Because this resulted in difficulty finding the files and very few members would post the information about their operating system or user account settings in windows, we've asked the developers to have bitcomet (by default) store these files in the %appdata% folder, which can be selected in advanced options, but if you install overtop a very old version or have been progressing from an initial installation on a very old version that used the original location, it will continue to use this location.

If you're using Windows XP you may find the file in your "program files" folder, if a newer version of windows is used it could be in "appdata", or "virtual store" folders under bitcomet. In your case there should be two of these files and the solution would be to copy the old downloads.xml file to replace the new downloads.xml file, then start bitcomet and all your tasks should be present. BitComet also makes a backup version of this file everytime the software is properly shut down. The backup versions should have the date of the backup appended to the file name so if the file gets damaged you can restore to an older version.

Another option is to simply restart each task from the original torrent. After a hash check is completed you will be able to continue your download from the previous level. The hash check may take some time with large torrents, but it's necessary in order to confirm how much was successfully downloaded.

Normally updating your version of Bitcomet doesn't cause this problem, but you may have an unusual situation where there was a conflict with permissions and bitcomet couldn't access your downloads.xml file so it made a new (blank) one.

Hola,

BitComet archiva todas tus tareas en un archivo llamado "downloads.xml". En el pasado, este archivo residía enla carpeta de instalación (por defecto C:\Archivos de Programa\BitComet), pero con las nuevas versiones de Windows, empezando con Vista, Microsoft mueve estos archivos a una de varias ubicaciones, dependiendo de varios factores: Como esto resultó en que costaba más encontrar los archivos y, como muy pocos usuarios proporcionaban información sobre sus sistemas operativos y/o sus especificaciones de cuenta de usuario, hemos pedido a los desarrolladores que hiciesen que BitComet (por defecto) ubicase estos archivos en la carpeta %appdata%, la cual puede seleccionarse en las Opciones Avanzadas... pero si lo instalas sobre una versión muy antigua o has estado progresando con una instalación inicial en una versión muy antigua que usaba la ubicación original, seguirá usándola.

Si usas Windows XP, puede que encuentres el archivo dentro de la carpeta de Archivos de Programa. Si usas una versión de Windows más reciente, podría estar en las carpetas appdata, o virtual store ('tienda virtual'), dentro de la de BitComet. En el caso tuyo, deberían de haber dos de estos archivos y la solución sería el copiar el archivo antiguo downloads.xml para reemplazar el nuevo archivo downloads.xml. Después, tendrías que reiniciar BitComet y todas tus tareas deberían mostrarse. BitComet también crea una copia de seguridad de este archivo, cada vez que el programa se cierra correctamente. Estas copias de seguridad deberían de tener la fecha de la misma anexada al nombre del archivo para que, si algo le pasase al archivo, podrías revertir a una version anterior.

Otra opción es simplemente reiniciar cada tarea desde el torrent original. Después de que un 'hash check' se efectúe, podrás continuar la descarga desde el último nivel al que estuviese. Esta prueba (hash check) puede tardar bastante tiempo con los torrents de gran tamaño pero son necesarias para poder confirmar cuánto se había descargado exitosamente.

Normalmente, el hecho de actualizar tu versión de BitComet no causa este problema, pero puede que tengas una situación poco usual donde existía un conflicto de permisos y, al no poder acceder BitComet a tu archivo downloads.xml, creó otro (virgen) nuevo.

Edited by cassie (see edit history)