To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

How to disable hash check after finishing of a task.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's hard to be sure from your screenshot but this looks to me like Bitcomet is hashchecking a task because either the files were moved, damaged or bitcomet was forcefully shut down before it could properly save the needed info. If you have many tasks active in Bitcomet it could take a couple minutes to gracefully shut down and if you turn off your computer before this shutdown is complete, the next time you start bitcomet it will need to rehash the files to confirm they are intact.

If this is what has been happening you can prevent it by shutting down all your tasks and closing bitcomet before you shut down windows.

Also take note that by default when you click the "X", it will minimize bitcomet to the system tray and not shut it down. If you want to shut the program down you can click on "file" and "exit", or you can change the behavior of the "X" button in...

options>appearance>click close button

You can also try changing the advanced option "bittorrent_hash_check_if_file_changed" to false, however it's better to prevent this from happening rather than disable the check.

BitComet is running on a dedicated PC in 24/7 mode :unsure:

But I have a few of categories (and folders) for my tasks so as I understood, when the job is done, BC will move the files into their own folders. That's why BC checks hash and it's impossible to disable hashcheck?

This may be part of the "moving" process. Moving files within the same drive only takes a second since the date itself isn't moved, only the file allocation table is edited to reference where they can be found, but if you're moving them to a different driver or partition, the actual data is copied and deleted and hash check may be part of that procedure. You can try disabling the option to move the files and see if that makes a difference.

I'll also note that in this thread more and more information is introduced with each reply which is an inefficient way to seek help. It's best to provide as much info as possible on your initial post. We've even prepared a list of the minimum info required to make a support request, but most members completely ignore it which only hurts themselves.

• 4 months later...

Hello, I'll try :)

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

1.37 x64 (and older)

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)?

LAN

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

Router (Kerio Control 8)

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use?

Windows 7 x64, None, None

>Moving files within the same drive only takes a second since the date itself isn't moved, only the file allocation table is edited to reference where they can be found, but if you're moving them to a different driver or partition, the actual data is copied and deleted and hash check may be part of that procedure.

All files within one (same) disk.

>You can try disabling the option to move the files and see if that makes a difference.

You mean Move completed downloads to:? Now I have it like this:

bitcomet_moveto.png

Also I have a screenshot with Perfmon (my OS is Russian ver.)

bitcomet_perfmon.png

At the bottom of the screenshot you can see the speed of reading from disk 3 G: (dedicated for BitComet) is 54 million bytes/s - it was a hash check :o

Thank you!

I'm not 100% certain on this but it looks like if you want the files moved, they will need to be hash checked. If they weren't hash checked and even one bit was out of place, the torrent would crash and the user would assume it's a fault with bitcomet rather than a combination of harddrive/file system error and disabling of hash check. If you really don't want the final hash check then I would disable the option to move files when complete.

Personally I think it's a very good idea to hash check files again when the torrent completes, and any time they are moved