To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Listening port blocked with router port forwarding set.

The listening port indicator shows yellow and info bubble says port is blocked,

The router firewall has port forwarding set for the listening port.

Software firewall has port forwarding set for the listening port.

I have tried disabling the router firewall, shutting down the software firewall, disabling the anti virus and web-shield.

Even with this risky removal of everything that one may expect to block port access, the yellow light stays on.

I have tried using UPnP. random ports, and various fixed ports all to no avail.

Is there something I,m missing? Any help will be much appreciated

BitComet is version 1.36

I'm running .Windows XP pro 32 bit.

I have Talktalk fiber up to 70 Mb/s.

Router is Huawei HG533.

Software firewall is Comodo.

Anti-virus is Avira free and Webroot Secure Anywhere full.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have.

Hi, My guess would be that you have more than one device connected and since talktalk is a telephone provider you probably have two routers, one that appears to be only for telephone and one for your wifi. If this is the case you'd need to have your port opened properly in both for the inbound connections to get past them.

According to our forum your WAN ip address starts with 87.242.xxx.xxx (exact address not posted to respect privacy), so if you can log into your wifi router and check it's WAN port IP, if it's different, then whatever it's connected to is also a router and will need to be configured.

Normally I'd recommend asking your isp for help with configuring their equipment, but from what I gather, talktalk isn't much help when it comes to p2p users.

• Like 1

Hi, Thank you for the quick response. There is only one router, so the address you quoted is the WAN address.

Unfortunately, what follows will probably be of no help to anyone with a similar problem, as I am not sure which action solved the problem.

While doing general maintenance of my PC, I purged all unnecessary files, cleaned and compressed the registry and ran chkdsk. On reboot I was greeted with the dreaded blue screen. Booting into safe mode met with the same outcome, but last known good rescued the situation.

Now BitComet immediately opens the listening port. I'll probably never know what was causing the problem.

Once again thank you for you assistance.