To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Windows 8.1 x64 no association for magnet links

tacos9001

A clean install of Windows 8.1 x64, fully updated, running Web browsing through chrome does not recognize the magnet links file association. I installed the x64 version of bitcomet (1.37). Thus when clicking on magnet links bitcomet doesn't auto launch with the magnet info.

I think this maybe a bug. Let me know how I can help a troubleshoot.

A clean install of Windows 8.1 x64, fully updated, running Web browsing through chrome does not recognize the magnet links file association. I installed the x64 version of bitcomet (1.37). Thus when clicking on magnet links bitcomet doesn't auto launch with the magnet info.

I think this maybe a bug. Let me know how I can help a troubleshoot.

I think you are under the (mistaken) impression that magnet links are files and therefore can be associated with an application, they are not... they are links and need to be associated with an application by your browser, not by your client. You can copy the link and open it in bitcomet, or you can setup your browswer to pass the links to bitcomet. BitComet does offer browser integration with some popular browsers like FireFox, Internet Explorer, and a few others, but google chrome isn't supported. I use magnet links with chrome and am prompted if I want to forward the link to bitcomet, when I select "ok" it works fine. I don't recall what I did to set it up as it's been over a year ago but I think it was pretty straightforward and I'm also unaware if Windows 8.x handles these links any different than older versions so if you can't find an easy solution I would try the google chrome user forum.

• 1 month later...

Aloha,

I keep getting "the system call level is not correct", with the red x.

I am using windows 8.1, downloaded and installed version 1.37 64bit.

I turned off my avast to see if it was blocking it, still, same results.

When I had 1.36, it worked.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Ermmm...what does this have to do with magnet links???

I suggest that you open up your very own thread in the proper forum to explain your issue, as mixing two entirely different problems will only serve to confuse future members seeking answers.

Thank you. :)