To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Download problem

JohnWessel

Because Windows XP (on which BitComet worked perfectly) will come to an end, I had to install Windows 7 32 bit. However, BitComet does not work. I installed BitComet version 1.35 When opening the program and downloading a torrent a red cross appears in front of the download and in the lower right corner I get the message "Stopped. Error. The system can't find the specified file." I am connected to Internet by cable. I have no router. My antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentals. In my Microsoft firewall BitComet is checked "authorised". I need help in order to have BitComet working.

Sounds like you need to read up and learn about windows user account controls. Most users got shocked by this back in 2006 when Vista was released. I won't attempt to explain it all in a forum post (actually wouldn't even be possible), so suffice it to say you need to locate your downloads in an area that your user account has permissions to write. There are also other options like running bitcomet "as admin" or using a user account with admin access, but the easiest solution would be to change your download folder location. If only one user account will be using this computer you can put the folder in your user account folder, or if multiple accounts will be using it try c:\downloads, which is the new default since microsoft started using UAC (user account control). Prior to this it was using c:\program files\bitcomet\downloads

naturally I can't be certain this is your problem so if it persists, please let me know the location of your download folderand the settings of your user account (limited or administrative rights).

can anyone help me I have bitcomet 1.37 windows 7 all firewalls ok got the green lights but down loads&uploads so slow 2-3kbs

0kbs uploads everything was ok just recently 24 seeds 123 peers availability1604 file size is 970.62mb have been downloading

for about a hour now and ony at 4% please help

thanks