To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Blocked Port - Yellow tag

mux

You must have an open access for other peers to initiate connections to efficiently use torrents, this message is warning you that you appear to be blocked so that only connections that you initiate can be completed. This is usually a network or firewall problem so without more info I couldn't begin to get where your problem would be.

As a general starting place, I would attempt to forward the port(s) you're using for BitComet. Sometimes, if not most, this is the reason the icon in the bottom right corner is yellow and indicates blocked ports. You can find guides on this forum, as well as online how to forward ports for BitComet.

The UnUsual Suspect, I have a question for you, as you seem to be quite knowledgeable regarding various issues.

*Note, I know I'm supposed to post as much relavent information as possible, but I'm just interesting a general query for now, see below*

Anyhow, I live in Ontario, Canada, and my ISP is Rogers. I used to NEVER have any issue forwarding ports for BitComet, but lately, I cannot find a port range that isn't blocked for some reason or another? I'll select the port(s) and go into my router and make all the changes etc, and when I try to update BitComet, the light stays yellow? I even have paid programs to do this forwarding, checking, and processing for ports, and even they don't work?

I have a suspicion that Rogers has somehow blocked all ports? Is this even possible? I never had this issue before, but in the past 6 months, I cannot for the life of me find a way to forward the ports. I've checked everything lol. Can Rogers do this? Is it possible? Please share your wealth of knowledge and help a brother out! Haha, thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by Superunknown88 (see edit history)

Hi, I'm sure that TUUS will be along soon but, in the meantime...

I used to NEVER have any issue forwarding ports for BitComet, but lately, I cannot find a port range that isn't blocked for some reason or another

What has changed in your setup, since the time that it did work (new programs, upgrades in version of BitComet, new router...)? Are you behing a third-party router (apartment complex, school dorm) or is it your own, individual one?

I even have paid programs to do this forwarding, checking, and processing for ports, and even they don't work?

Do you mean that you've also checked with canyouseeme.org and have gotten a negative result?

Are you working with only one router (as opposed to more than one...cascading, etc.)? Do you have an IP 'filtering' app installed (PeerBlock, etc.)?

Usually the only ISPs that block all ports are the ones that provide mobile broadband, if you have FiOS, Cable, DSL etc you should be fine.

When you install a router you become unreachable to anyone on the internet so it's normal for all your ports to be blocked, but you will need to open a single port for peers to use to connect to you, it must be a unique port that only bitcomet uses.