To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

There is no Task/emule in option

I just downloaded emule plugin 1.24 and my bitcomet is 1.37 64-bit. I can not find the task/emue where I should enable the plugin in option. Is it removed in versions later than 1.24 or I did something wrong?

And is it possible to use this plugin to download emule links?

I'm using version 1.37 (64bit) and it has the option to enable emule plugin.

The plugin was designed in order to to combine .ed2k and .torrent technologies, but you can use it to download emule links directly also.

If that's from your "options" window, then something is strange indeed. Here is what it should look like...

post-1287-0-26980200-1399387333.jpg

As you can see I'm using 1.37 (64bit) and emule is not installed.

Also just to be clear, the plugin is designed to be used with bittorrent tasks, when a task has emule links included it will automatically search for each file on the emule network and can then download from any combination of sources. If you tick the "show plugin window" box you'll be able to access the emule gui directly to start an ed2k task directly just like an independent emule client would be used. In this case the only advantage over the regular emule client would be that you don't have to have both versions installed, so if you like to download emule files directly you don't have to install the client.

If you cannot see any emule option then I suggest you remove bitcomet, delete the install folders in c:\program files\bitcomet and c:\program files (x86)\bitcomet as well as %appdata%\bitcomet, then reinstall the client.

*note: this will delete all tasks and settings so backup anything important before you proceed.

• 1 month later...

Where can I find a post that explain what emule is and of what use it is?