To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

remote control over bitcomet via bitcomet ID

we need remote control over bitcomet via bitcomet id because my external ip changes every time my computer boots so its hard to use remote download functionality outside my LAN

something like remote.bitcomet.com

so please consider upgrading remote download

and if possible make a remote application for mobile os such as (android, ios, windows phone)

Thanks for the feature request.

I don't think it would be an easy thing to do what you ask. In order for you to connect to your computer from another, you have to know it's IP address, there is just no way around that. This would be the same if you were going to visit someone's home who moves to a different address each day, if you don't have their address, you'll never get there. The only way I could think of to make this work would be if all your personal info was uploaded to a website when you started bitcomet. That website would then know where you were located and could perhaps let you control your computer, but there is a huge security risk there that would require a lot of security and encryption. There would also be the problem that most bitcomet users would be extremely upset at their personal data being hosted on a website. I know I wouldn't want any website having a list of my IP address and everything I download. There is also a problem with who would pay for this service and the employes to run it 24/7 for millions of users. Currently BitComet is a free program developed by a handful of very talented programmers who donate their time to keep their project going, and they certainly don't have the time to run a website that needs constant supervision to handle sensitive data like this. I don't know how much such a service would cost the users, but I think it would be far cheaper to get a static IP address from your ISP.

Your other suggestion of a BitComet app for android or IOS sounds promising. I know there have been similar suggestions from other members and, so far, the development team hasn't had any interest in developing one, but if members keep suggesting it they may reconsider.

Thanks for this information. I've used utorrent web UI since it was first in beta (1.6.1), but haven't liked any version since 3, so the only one I have installed is 2.2.1. A quick look at their website would seem to indicate when you log in your computer uploads your IP and port to the utorrent website so you don't have to. This is an interesting idea, however if bitcomet did it first I suspect there would be complaints about uploading personal info. With this utorrent remote it looks like they are going to have a record of your IP addresses used, but according to the website it's used to connect you to your computer through the website so hopefully there is no task info on the website. It's also nice that they have the resources to maintain such a website.

I agree it would be nice if bitcomet did something similar

للاهتمام، ولكن إذا فعلت كوميت لأول مرة وأظن أنه سيكون هناك شكاوى حول تحميل المعلومات الشخصية. مع هذا سكس البعيد يبدو أنها ستكون لدينا سجل من عناوين IP الخاصة بك تستخدم، ولكن وفقا لموقع انها تستخدم ليوصلك إلى جهاز الكمبيوتر الخاص بك من خلال الموقع لذلك نأمل عدم وجود معلومات مهمة على شبكة الانترنت. كما انها لطيفة التي لديهم الموارد للحفاظ على هذا الموقع.وأنا أتفق أنه سيكون جميلا لو بت كوميت فعلت شيئا من هذا القبيل

(Google translation)

Interesting, but if I did Comet for the first time and I think that there will be complaints about downloading personal information. Sex with this term seems they are going to have a record of IP addresses for your use, but according to the site it's used to connect you to your computer through the site so hopefully the lack of important information on the Internet. It's also nice that they have the resources to maintain this site., And I agree that it would be nice if BitComet done something like this

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

للاهتمام، ولكن إذا فعلت كوميت لأول مرة وأظن أنه سيكون هناك شكاوى حول تحميل المعلومات الشخصية. مع هذا سكس البعيد يبدو أنها ستكون لدينا سجل من عناوين IP الخاصة بك تستخدم، ولكن وفقا لموقع انها تستخدم ليوصلك إلى جهاز الكمبيوتر الخاص بك من خلال الموقع لذلك نأمل عدم وجود معلومات مهمة على شبكة الانترنت. كما انها لطيفة التي لديهم الموارد للحفاظ على هذا الموقع.وأنا أتفق أنه سيكون جميلا لو بت كوميت فعلت شيئا من هذا القبيل

Thank you for the thoughtful comments, but please use only English in this forum

• 6 months later...

Surely would love this feature! Been waiting for this from long time... Have to add torrent on utorrent whenever i am going out somewhere just because it can be controlled remotely... Makes a mess to use 2 apps for the same purpose of downloading torrents! :(

Surely would love this feature! Been waiting for this from long time... Have to add torrent on utorrent whenever i am going out somewhere just because it can be controlled remotely... Makes a mess to use 2 apps for the same purpose of downloading torrents! :(

BitComet has had web user interface for years

BitComet has had web user interface for years

Yes i've used it via transdrone app for android, but it requires IP of PC and open port, which is a hit or miss to configure... It works sometimes, but mostly it fails, even after forwarding ports correctly...