To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

dungcat

Hopefully this is the right place to introduce myself. I'm a layman.

I've read a bit about seeders leechers etc. Sadly I'm just a leech now,

but would really like to be a seeder. My download cap is limited [10gig per month].

Storage space for downloads also limited [+ - 15gig]. I can seed as long as I

have files before I must delete to make space again.

I have a very old pc that is wall mounted and not in a box. I'll try to add a pic.

I must be daft, but I just cannot find a way to upload my pc's pic here

It is possible but the best way to do it is to upload them to a photo host site like photobucket.com, imageshack.us, or tinypic.com and copy the "direct link to image" and place it between "img tags"

Example, if your photo's link is...

http://photohost.com/photo.jpg

Post it like this...

[img=http://photohost.com/photo.jpg]

note: you must use the direct link to image, not a link to a webpage that has the photo embedded.

ps. you can also view the guides we posted in the forum that show many ways you can do this.

by the way, looks like you have plenty of room to add another harddrive and there are used 80gb drives selling under $10, or you could get a 2000gb drive for well under $100 new. You could even plug in a couple usb storage devices to hold your data that way you could seed the files longer.

It also sounds like your internet is very restrictive. I think I'd go insane after having unlimited with 50mbit upload and download. It's nice to download 80gb of movies in less time than it takes to watch one of them. Perhaps I'm spoiled but I'd die with a 10gb/month limit.

I hope you can find service that offers more bandwidth.

To reply to TheUnusualUSuspect, nope I just like it out of the box. I can see when there is too much dust before the power supply packs up. I have a 200w till blower that I use to get rid of it very quick. Also sometimes the arc doesn't want to start up. Then it's easy to plug a few things out and put it back again. That normally does the trick.

I have a 500gig drive - it's just full of photos.

The ISP I have is the fastest in South Afrika and they do have unlimited bandwidth. The thing is the unlimited one is slower than the one I have - so I'll stick to this one until they have sorted that out. Ok and hold your breath ... the fastest is ...wait for it....1mbit!!!!!

Ok you can let it out now.

I'm still working on the slower one, but I'll rather not tell as you might have nightmares for the rest of your life. To give you an idea, it takes about 90min to download just less than 1 gig.

As I do not know any better, I'll probably survive

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

It seems I was thinking like an empty paint tin again. My ISP has speeds of up to 40mb, but even the 2mb is out of my league.

My one rand [R1] = 0.094 US Dollar or 1 US Dollar = R10.59.

You were right about the pc case - it houses my pump to my well in the backyard. With a bit of padding inside, the pump run much softer. You should have guessed probably - it is an old pump with a whining type of noise. It pump about 1 cubic meter of water in 40 - 45min.

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

This is just for me to remember.

1. Bitcomet - latest version - look for updates weekly

2. ADSL

3. Router - Telkom duoPlus 300WR

4. Cable

5. windows XP, Avast, 32bit

Thank you very much!!! Is it possible that you can add it in the first post were the other one is, because I can't?

Dungcat is just a name I use when I try new things like games or in this case bittorrent. I normally change it later.

I got my listen port open as well this morning!!

I would like to have a friend or 2 here and seeing that you [cassie] and the UUsuspect helped me so far, may I ask if we can be friends?

I did a speed test after the listen port opened and it is 5 x faster than before. Still slow to your standards.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 306 kbps (38.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 323 kbps (40.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 302 ms

1/7/2014 14:55:24

I'd really like to get it faster if possible

Now I must figure out how to get my share ratio up. It is 0.00 at this stage. Give me a day or 2 to try and figure it out.

Edited by dungcat (see edit history)

The above was a ping test.

Did a speed test now after I phoned my ISP and the download speed should be 2Mb/s, but it is anything between 18kb/s and 220kb/s.

Got the latter one on my last download.

Seems they updated every one's lines some time ago without telling us.

I kept my last download running and the share ratio is now at 0.05. I'll keep it open for a day or 2.

Now just to get the speed up

Edited by dungcat (see edit history)

All editing and moving around of pics done! :)

PS - I've sent you a Friend Request... just click on your own nick and you should be able to access your Notifications in your Profile... then, it'll just be "follow the instructions".. :D

• Like 1

goods

nongbankza, if you do not understand the English language then please do not post in other members threads. You've been warned twice and we've already deleted several nonsensical posts of yours. If you have a thought to express and can do it in English then please feel free to join in, but if you continue to post nonsense your account will be disabled.

Your English doesn't have to be perfect, but posting a single word that is completely out of context or copying another members post is not acceptable.

Well you are a step above me.I have been in the sidelines for quite awhile yet never participated.Welcome from ranger6969