To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

When new BitComet version?

is there something that needs to be changed on it, or do you just like new version numbers? Updates are good if there is a need for it, but I strongly dislike unnecessary updates, but that's just my opinion.

It's my understanding the development team keeps a list of issues and when it get's long enough, or if a major bug is found, they will create a new build or a beta version if testing is required. I'm aware of no urgent issues with the latest version.

is there something that needs to be changed on it, or do you just like new version numbers?

Yes, i want to give higher download priority to specific parts of file, as in uTorrent, is really useful for me.

Global max upload rated - min. 1kb/s (now is min. 10kb/s).

And in my opinion BitComet deserve a better interface, with modern look. But this is just a fad.

otherwise, BitComet for me it's perfect.

P.S.: next time i will post in "BitComet Feature Requests".

Thank's for your answer.

Edited by fbtyiby (see edit history)

You cannot separate a file to download parts of it faster, but you can set the priority of each file. I believe bitcomet offers 5 options for priority where utorrent offers 3.

I would hope that no one would want to set their global max upload below 10kB/s, and certainly not 1kB/s, at that rate you'd only become a drain on resources to anyone you were sharing with. Bittorrent file sharing is all about sharing and if a person doesn't want to upload they should look into other ways to download.