To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet 1.37 torrent task delete is broken.

OnlyTheShadow

Problem: Bitcomet 1.37 torrent task delete is broken.

Report Date: August 21, 2014

Required Info:

1) What version of BitComet are you using? 1.37

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (ADSL, etc.)? Cable (101MBS Download, 35MBS Upload)

3) Do you have a modem? Do you use a router? What make and model are each one of them? Have you forwarded your port?

Cable Modem: Arris TM822G

Router: Linksys EA6500 Smart Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC Router with Gigabit and 2x USB Version 1.0

4) If you have more than one router, be sure to mention the make and model of both devices, how are they connected (i.e. in which connector of both devices is the network cable plugged) and which one of the devices is connected to or is the modem.

Also, if you have more than one computer make sure to mention in this case, to which router is every one of them connected.

I have multiple computers, network printers, video servers, etc. on my network. They all connect to the router.

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? Is your Windows 32 bit or 64 bit?

I am running Windows 12 Server Standard (HP Version) X64

6) If you are asking about a specific torrent or file that you have downloaded, make sure that you include the complete torrent name, as well as the complete names of the files and their respective extensions/formats (e.g.: .rar, .wma, .bin, .cue, etc.).

7) For speed-related issues, please run various speed tests at a site such as speedtest.net (make sure that no other computer is using your Internet connection and that all other programs - including BitComet - are closed, during the tests). Include the results, along with the settings that you are presently using, in your post, so that we may review and offer suggestions to improve its performance.

THE PROBLEM:

Now, with all that out of the way, Bitcomet 1.37 DOES NOT delete torrent tasks and files when requested.

When "Delete task and downloaded files" is selected, and "Also remove from Torrent History" checkbox is checked, clicking the OK button does NOTHING.

The task is not deleted, the task is not removed from Torrent History, and the downloaded files are NOT deleted.

If "Delete task only" is selected, and the task is not running (indicator is grey) the task is NOT deleted.

If "Delete task only" is selected and "Also remove from Torrent History" is checked, the task is NOT deleted from running tasks, nor is it deleted from Torrent History.

In order to remove the task from Torrent History, Torrent History must be selected from the Bookmarks and the task must be manually deleted.

The files and folders must also be deleted manually.

If I go into Properties and uncheck Share this torrent in torrent share, the task still is not deleted.

If I right-click the task in the Downloading window and select Delete, then select "Delete Task Only", the task still is not deleted.

I am at a loss as to how to delete the task, at this point.

Other information: Number of Download tasks - 73; Number of Active Tasks - 319

Hi, I just confirmed that this works properly using 1.37 on 64bit windows Seven. I don't have your windows version to test, but I suspect it's a permissions issue. I would make sure your user account has permission to delete files or see if it works properly when logged in as administrator.