To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

how to port forward BitComet

hi guys i'm using the latest BitComet 1.37 64-bit and i'm having trouble forwarding my port , im using a linksys EA6300 , i started the process by selecting single port forwarding and i entered my ip address , but i cant seems to know what is the external and internal port i tried entering the same listen port that im using but BitComet keeps saying the the listen port is blocked

can someone please help me

The external and internal port are the same, you want all traffic on that port redirected to the same port on your local computer so you were correct in using the bitcomet listening port in both.

I suggest you confirm if the port is actually blocked. If you are getting remote peer connections, then the port is open, if they are all local, you most likely have a problem. You can also check the port at canyouseeme.org, just enter the port number and it will try to see if it can connect. If it cannot, this means it's being blocked somewhere along the route and this could be a firewall installed on your computer or a problem with the router.

This is usually caused by a firewall or other security software blocking incoming connections, or a router that doesn't properly forward the port from your WAN IP address to your LAN address.

If it's possible to remove the router you can confirm if the problem is with your computer or with the router, if it's with the computer the first place to look would be your internet security software, if it's the router the best advice I can give you is to seek help with the manufacturer. I don't have any experience with that model of router so cannot tell you how to properly forward your port, but we do have a comprehensive article on this subject posted at wiki.bitcomet.com and I think it would be beneficial to read it.

I'd recommend starting here...

http://wiki.bitcomet.com/add_port_mapping_in_nat_router

• 2 weeks later...

Hey In a simple way I don't know what you were saying. So, Please stp.

What part did you not understand? Why would you want someone who is trying to help the original poster to stop?

If you have a question of your own, please open your very own thread and expose your query, after reading this.

Don't worry cassie, if they don't want to understand how their local area network works then they shouldn't have installed a router and until the learn to follow instructions, they aren't likely going to find any help.

They should probably learn some manners too and not interrupt in someone else's topic so if they don't explain their odd behavior in the next day or so you can remove their post and our replies and return this post back to the original author who may still need help.

• 1 month later...

I have the problem of listen port bloked ( yellow icon in my bitcomet . I used windows 8.1 try to read on this forum but the document show on XP and windows 7 config port forwarding. How I config port forwarding in windows 8.1 , anyone please help.

I have the problem of listen port bloked ( yellow icon in my bitcomet . I used windows 8.1 try to read on this forum but the document show on XP and windows 7 config port forwarding. How I config port forwarding in windows 8.1 , anyone please help.

Port forwarding is not done in windows, it's done in your router.

If you are serious about wanting help, make your own topic and include ALL the requested information

• 1 year later...