To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet v1.37 totally freezes PC

freeman010

Hello, this is my first topic at this forum and i hope guys you can help me :)

I've installed Bitcomet v1.37 x64 version and sometimes it is totally freezing my PC during the download process, i tried many of tricks but no result...

I'm using Bitcomet few years and downloaded terabytes of files with Bitcomet v1.37 x32 without any problems; can't understand why v1.37 x64 freezes my PC...

For itself PC works perfectly with any applications and several games...

my PC specs are:

CPU: intel core 2 duo E6850 3.0GHz,

RAM: 4GB

PSU: 600W (80+)

Edited by freeman010 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'm unable to confirm this, bitcomet 1.37 x64 works fine on several computers I've tested running windows 7 x64. I have seen problems that caused network connection to crash, but never seen a computer stop responding.

I assume you have a 64bit windows version?

You can try shutting down bitcomet and get the .zip version from the link in my signature, it requires no installation, just extract and launch the executable (exe). See if it works, if it does you may have something corrupt in your installed version.

You can go back to the 32bit version, the x64 is only helpful if you have more than 4gb of ram.

Hi, sorry to double post here. I am having same problem with Bitcomet x64 1.37, that will freeze my Windows.

After coming back from idle (30~60 minutes idle), Bitcomet will ask to quit because of not responding.

I check the task manager, Bitcomet has already consumed 2GB of RAM, and was not downloading any big files.

My mouse and keyboard are working, but all programs are not running. If I launch any software, it won't run, only appear at task manager.

Task manager "Services" tab not working as well. I have no choice but to restart my computer.

And when I restart my PC, my router connection will disconnect. It will not reconnect back after I login back to Windows.

Is my RAM faulty? I did try a Memtest and pass 2 tries.

Need advice on this, thanks. :)

------------------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom II x4 965

8GB RAM

Seagate 1TB

Windows 7 x64

Minimum disk cache = 256MB

Maximum disk cache = 384MB

Shrink disk cache = 1024MB

Cache size HTTP connection = 256KB <- May I ask what is this?

If bitcomet is using 2GB of memory with your max disc cache of 384MB, something is wrong. If you're running a large number of tasks you could end up with excessive harddrive read/writes causing the system to not respond (disc overload). In this case try increasing your disc cache to at least

Minimum 512MB

Maximum 2048MB

This recommendation is because you have sufficient ram (8GB) and 64bit windows and assuming you have 64bit BitComet running. This will ease the use of your harddrvie but will increase ram usage. This suggestion shouldn't be followed by others reading it and if it doesn't help you can revert to previous settings.

HTTP connections are for non-bittorrent tasks.

• Like 1

Yes i have win7 ultimate x64 as i already sad. bitcomet (x86; x64) & utorrent (x86; x64) are freezing my pc. It's touching my nerves... I really need Win7 X64 but can't download blu-ray movies.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :angry:

I can use normally bitcomet or utorrent at Win7 x86...

Edited by freeman010 (see edit history)

@ exFugitive

Please do NOT hijack/interrupt in the middle of someone else's thread with completely unrelated issues (it's quite rude, actually).

Start your very own new thread in the proper forum, and provide as much detailed information as possible.(If you're not sure what basic information to provide, read here)

Thank you.

• Like 1

@ exFugitive

Please do NOT hijack/interrupt in the middle of someone else's thread with completely unrelated issues (it's quite rude, actually).

Start your very own new thread in the proper forum, and provide as much detailed information as possible.(If you're not sure what basic information to provide, read here)

Thank you.

+1

I completely agree Cassie, when the second member started replying I didn't notice it was someone else.

All members are welcome to comment about a members problem, but asking for help in another members topic is inappropriate.

Freeman, most users find windows 7 x64 to be more stable than x86 (32bit) versions so if your computer doesn't run well with the 64bit windows I suspect there is something wrong with it.

I also cannot see any reason why you cannot download movies with your 32bit version, the main advantage of 64bit is support for more memory, most of the common 32bit versions will only allow 3.0 to 3.5gb ram, but storage space is not an issue and you should be able to download as much as you like with a 32bit version.

You can also consider getting one of the 32bit windows server versions, some support massive amounts of ram. A couple years ago I tested Windows Server 03, 32bit (datacenter edition) on a laptop with 8gb of ram and it worked great with bitcomet.

Yes, but i need x64 for another programs. With x86 there was no problems and as i said I've downloaded terabytes of files.

Well i hope this problem's gone: few days ago i found information at some forum and installed Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller Driver. after that Bitcomet runs smoothly. i'll test it more at next days and i'll post here the final result...

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first topic at this forum and i hope guys you can help me :)

I've installed Bitcomet v1.37 x64 version and sometimes it is totally freezing my PC during the download process, i tried many of tricks but no result...

I'm using Bitcomet few years and downloaded terabytes of files with Bitcomet v1.37 x32 without any problems; can't understand why v1.37 x64 freezes my PC...

For itself PC works perfectly with any applications and several games...

my PC specs are:

CPU: intel core 2 duo E6850 3.0GHz,

RAM: 4GB

PSU: 600W (80+)

Same problem in my pc.