To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

The system cannot find the file specified

2014-11-02 02:48:31 Failed openning file: D:\B\Archive\Example Name\examplesxxx.jpg.bc! [The system cannot find the file specified]

2014-11-02 02:48:31 Downloaded piece #5793 failed in hash check, 512 KB dropped.

I use newest 64-bit BitComet. I use ADSL connection 24/2 and Win7 Ultimate 64-bit. I use G-Data Total Security 2015 and port is forwarded right.

When I try download that same torrent to µtorrent it says "padding file if you see this please update to bitcomet" What is that padding files? And can I download that torrent any other clients?

Ok, When I try use BitComet download stopped and it says that problem. "[The system cannot find the file specified]" Why?

- Samsonov94

Edited by Samsonov94 (see edit history)

see if there are any threats detected in that file by your security software, a real or false positive threat that is quarantined during download will cause this.

Padding files are used so that files in a torrent can be aligned with piece boundries, this allows multi-protocol and cross-protocol downloading. Other clients have chosen not to embrace this technology, you can still use other clients but you will have to download these very small files to assure no bittorrent piece contains multiple files or pieces of multiple files.

If you want to learn more about this you can visit wiki.bitcomet.com.