To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

i have over 3000 peers and i still can't download a file

cap84

Hello Every one I have been using bit commit for a while and I have had no problems with it until recently and it is frustrating me a lot so I am turning to you for help.

I have downloaded files before with bit commit with as little as 5 peers. But I have had a few files that I really need to download and these files are only about 70mb must importantly there are over 4000 peers for one ile and over 3000 peers for another file, the problem is even with all these peers I have not gotten one connection and it has been over a week! It has been over a week and I have not even gotten 1mb downloaded. This is quite strange for me especially when there are so many thousands of peers. Can some one please help me figure out what the problem is? I think that I may have accidentally pressed something to restrict my down loads, how do I set bit commit settings to make downloading my files as quickly and efficiently as possible with no restrictions?

I think the settings could be the problem, but might be wrong does anyone have any ideas , can anyone help.

Thank you

I am using bit comet 1.37,

windows 7

My modem is a Technicolor modem I am not sure the make but it looks like http://elblogdepedrosr.blogspot.com/2012/12/modem-technicolor-tg582n.html

I have avg 2015 installed as virus protection

My internet connection is a wireless network connection

Hope this helps

Does your modem - Technicolor TG582N - look like this one--> http://help.spark.co.nz/app/answers/detail/a_id/20377/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDE4NTIxNjExL3NpZC9MbVUzSlE5bQ== ??

If so, it's a router.

Are you the router's administrator? Are you able to open a listen port for BitComet?