To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Ports open in firewall and in router, still blocked though. HELP

1)64 bit 1.35 stable release

2) Optical Fibre connection

3) R1000H fibre op model/router with wireless radio shut off , feeding the internet to a linksys wrt400n router with an ethernet cable.

4) One computer taking the internet from the linksys wrt400n wirelessly

5) I use windows 7, i use the windows firewall 64 bit

6) Are you using any type of IP filtering or protection software like Peerblock or ProtoWall? NO

8) 4ms ping, 40 mb download and 30 mb upload when i did the speed test

I have setup a static ip address for the computer, i opened the port in both of the routers setup pages, and i created rules to allow the port to pass through the firewall. i have done everything i can think of and still end up with a yellow button and blocked status.

these are my statistics. why cannot i get listening port of tcp to open?

Up Time: 1:26:29

Overall Tasks: Total: 92 / Running: 2

TCP Connections: Established: 1 [MAX:Unlimited] / Half-Open: 0 [MAX:200]

LAN IP: 192.168.xxxxx

WAN IP: 156.xxxxxxx

Listen Port of TCP: 65000 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 65000 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added [TCP opened, UDP opened]

UPnP NAT port mapping: Disabled

Disk Boost Service: Stopped

Overall Download Rate: 406 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] Max Connection Limits: 50 per task

Overall Upload Rate: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] LT Seeding: 0 kB/s [MAX:Unlimited] All BT Upload Slots: 0

Memory Usage: Working Set: 115.75 MB, Commit Size: 106.36 MB

Free Memory: Phys: 2.28 GB (Min to keep: 50 MB), Pagefile: 5.55 GB, Virtual: 8,191 GB

Disk Cache Size: 28 MB (Min: 6 MB, Max: 50 MB)

Disk Read Statistics: Request: 179 (freq: 0.1/s), Actual Disk Read: 1 (freq: 0.0/s), Hit Ratio: 99.4%

Disk Write Statistics: Request: 22972 (freq: 19.6/s), Actual Disk Write: 181 (freq: 0.1/s), Hit Ratio: 99.2%

Total Downloaded: 180.93 GB (this session: 387.64 MB)

Total Uploaded: 458.03 GB (this session: 503.75 KB)

any help would be appreciated. i am trying to run with this 2nd router because it put outs better signal and speeds. just cannot get bitcomet to cooperate.

Edited by gmattjfairweathe (see edit history)

One of the most common mistakes when forwarding through multiple routers is on the first router you don't use the computers IP address, you use the second router's IP address. I recommend you review this article.

Main Article: http://wiki.bitcomet.com/add_port_mapping_in_nat_router

Manual portforwarding: http://wiki.bitcomet.com/add_port_mapping_in_nat_router#manually_configure_port_mapping_at_router_setup_page

Cascaded routers: http://wiki.bitcomet.com/add_port_mapping_in_nat_router#cascaded_routers

OMG!!! I'm in shock!!

I think that this is the first time (in sooo many years) that a member has actually read the READ THIS FIRST and has actually provided everything in the first post!!

Three cheers for gmattjfairweathe!!! :D Have a Merry Christmas!! :) :)