To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cannot connect to any udp:// trackers

1) What version of BitComet are you using?

BitComet (64 bit) 1.37

2) What type of Internet connection do you have (3G , ADSL 3 Mbs, Optical Fiber, etc.)? If you are using WWAN or any type of connection that uses a cellular type of long distance wireless (not including your own personal Wi-Fi network) then be sure to mention this first.

Vodafone ADSL 3MBs

3) Do you have a modem (Make and Model required)? Do you use a router (Make and Model required)? If so, have you forwarded your port? Do you have any VoIP or telephone devices connected?

Router: Vodafone: Home Gateway Model: HG55a

5) What version of Windows, Firewall and Antivirus do you use? Is your Windows 32 bit or 64 bit?

Windows7 (64Bit)

6) Are you using any type of IP filtering or protection software like Peerblock or ProtoWa

No

I have been using Utorrent but recently have done a clean Windows 7 install, then I couldn't get a open port in Utorrent even though my router has been set up for port forwarding to Utorrent, and was never a problem before the clean install.

I decided to change to BitComet and everything was fine yesterday "my listening port is open (Green)" but cannot connect to any tracker that uses udp:// all the http:// trackers are working fine.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Try shutting down other tasks and programs that use the internet, if the trackers response isn't received because your bandwidth is saturated the connection will fail. udp doesn't have the same handshakes in the protocol, trackers like it because it requires less work, but if you're busy when the reply comes you won't get it.

You can try removing all the trackers and add just one of the udp trackers at a time and see if you can get it to connect.

If you have a specific torrent you'd like me to test you can post the magnet uri and I'll see if it works for me.

ps. I've seen others report this too, but I've never been able to duplicate the problem and one thing I've noticed is most of those with the problem have torrents that have an insane number of trackers in them.