To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

V.I.P. keep getting a server error

rbrums

i keep getting the same server message when i try to vip a download. is there a server error or is it on my end?

post-92227-0-42309100-1424496282.png

Yes, this has been reported. I've notified the development team but it may take a few days to fix because this week is a national holiday in China (spring festival).

If you've lost any significant time on your accounts I can ask for your to be compensated since this has been ongoing for a few days already. I don't personally have any access to the vip system, but I will make sure they are aware that there has been a significant outage.

going on two weeks still not fixed and i did leave a message with the new lady in charge of thing like this but she hasnt hit me back yet.

Yes, this has been reported. I've notified the development team but it may take a few days to fix because this week is a national holiday in China (spring festival).

If you've lost any significant time on your accounts I can ask for your to be compensated since this has been ongoing for a few days already. I don't personally have any access to the vip system, but I will make sure they are aware that there has been a significant outage.

queeniequ

Your options are to open a dispute with paypal and claim a refund, or wait until someone from development responds to this problem. I'm confident they will extend everyone's account when they return, but no one here knows the reason they cannot be reached.

i personally have 85GB in 30 days to be used. can anyone there garuantee that a development personel will be back to adjust my lost days before it expires?

i personally have 85GB in 30 days to be used. can anyone there garuantee that a development personel will be back to adjust my lost days before it expires?

As stated, we really don't know what has caused the sudden absence and lack of contact. Emergencies do happen and I certainly hope everyone is ok. I'd hate to cause them more grief if they are dealing with loss or some other kind of tragedy, but most members have been very patient and it has been a few weeks so it would be reasonable to open a dispute. Paypal will ask you to describe the problem and how you want it resolved and BitComet will have opportunity to offer a solution or issue refund. If they cannot respond or no agreement is reached, paypal will step in and resolve it and barring any highly unusual circumstances they always side with the consumer.

The development team usually responds to me within a day or two except when they are away on holidays, but spring festival has been over for several days so I don't know what else to say.

Good News!!!

I heard back from development and they are working on the problem as I type.

I need help from everyone here, please post here if the service comes back on line as I have no way to confirm it myself since I don't have an active beta testing account. I'm going to need to rely on all our vip members to confirm when it's fixed.

Also, I've requested a conference with the team leader and creator of BitComet so we can map out how to compensate all the VIP users. Anyone who has already started a paypal dispute may want to wait for the forthcoming announcement before escalating their case as I'm confident everyone will be compensated.

I'm not sure exactly when service will be restored or when this decision will be made, but I do hope to give you all the explanations you deserve along with the any compensation due.

Also thank you to all the patient members out there and for many who were understandably upset yet kept this discussion civil.

TuuS

mine is operational as well. so dont try to work anything out with yaoyaohuan8. for lost time. just ask for refund from paypal. and will this action result in the loss of any remaining GB i have left?

If it's working for you now I wouldn't recommend asking for a refund. There will be compensation given as soon as we have the meeting with development team which we are planning for next week.

Refunded accounts will of course be terminated but you can always purchase again. and I suspect the best option will be to get the compensation which should be more than enough to make up for this unfortunate outage.

ok i will take your advice on this if you are going to be present at this meeting push hard for us please

ok i will take your advice on this if you are going to be present at this meeting push hard for us please

In the almost 8 years that I've worked with TUUS at BitComet, I can vouch that he has always had the best interests of users in mind, as his basis for anything. That's why the (volunteering) Staff is here and all that we have ever "asked for", in return, is a mere "Thank You". :)

Good News!!!

I heard back from development and they are working on the problem as I type.

I need help from everyone here, please post here if the service comes back on line as I have no way to confirm it myself since I don't have an active beta testing account. I'm going to need to rely on all our vip members to confirm when it's fixed.

Also, I've requested a conference with the team leader and creator of BitComet so we can map out how to compensate all the VIP users. Anyone who has already started a paypal dispute may want to wait for the forthcoming announcement before escalating their case as I'm confident everyone will be compensated.

I'm not sure exactly when service will be restored or when this decision will be made, but I do hope to give you all the explanations you deserve along with the any compensation due.

Also thank you to all the patient members out there and for many who were understandably upset yet kept this discussion civil.

TuuS

well it worked for awhile but its out again.............. server error try again later. and i have not recieved any time extention as of yet

I spoke to the owner last week, I didn't get a specific answer as to compensation yet but I expect that will be forthcoming. The server error was easily corrected but they soon realized there was a deeper rooted error involving the DNS routing on many of the data servers and last I heard they were researching the cause and trying to determine when it first began. I don't know what caused this new outage, but they are aware of it and aren't all away on vacation like the first time. He said they were determined to keep the BitComet project going, although there is not enough money coming in to pay for even one developer but luckily they all love the bitcomet project and will continue to develop it in their spare time.

I will pass on updates as soon as I'm able and please continue to report any new outages. I may not reply to everyone if I have nothing new to add, but it is helpful to know when things are or are not working.