To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

[New] V1.38 BitComet [20150330] has been released

wxhere

Dear all,

The latest version of BitComet has just been released. You're all welcomed to download it from Official Site.

Changelog v1.38 2015.03.30

GUI Improved: add open-folder button in download finish pop-up window

GUI Improved: display download speed and progress together when floating window re-sized large enough

GUI Improved: change the option of auto-stop seeding time from minutes to day-hour-minute

GUI Bugfix: fix the floating window display problem when using multiple monitors

Core Improve: improve file read/write performance, reduce UI stuck

Core Improve: support ReFS disk volume

Core Improve: support Chrome browser extension

Core Bugfix: the minimize value of network.max_connecting_connections in advanced options changed to 8

Core Bugfix: fix bugs in IE extension

• Like 1

Some great updates here. Many of us were hoping for a Chrome browser extension so I'm thrilled to see this, although very surprised as it was unexpected.

The option for a min of 8 "half open" connections will be helpful for those few users still using old versions of windows that are limited to opening 10 at a time so by limiting bitcomet to 8 you can avoid problems with web page loading as new torrents are starting. This option should only be used in very specific cases and if you don't understand this, then it doesn't apply to you, and only applies to Windows XP service pack 2. It's also important to note that even with this new low setting bitcomet will still support unlimited half open connections, but will only open a max of 8 at a time (about 8 per second). This will not cause more than a couple minutes delay in gathering peers at the most.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I downloaded the update but it gives me an error for installation... my PC is 32bit and I downloaded the 32 bit version... my current version is BitComet 1.35...

I have another problem! since 2 days... my CometID is not logging me in! keeps saying "connecting to server" forever!

any ideas?

thanx

05/-2/2015

Hi Can I get a head's up?. seems for the last few days, I am not able to "sign in", there is giving an internal server error on bitcomet accounts page.

or perhaps, is my own account been "scrambled in the database?, Thanks;

Mod Edit: E-mail address removed, for member's privacy (not a good idea to post it, in a public forum...)

Edited by cassie (see edit history)

To everyone concerned about CometID, yes it's down, this happens sometimes with websites just like it does with your personal computer, errors occur and need to be fixed. Large commercial websites like Google and Amazon have many backup servers running and staff on duty 24/7 to fix problems, but BitComet being a free service is maintained by volunteers and it will be fixed as soon as someone on the development team has the time to fix it. I have notified them of the outage and I expect it will be up and running by monday, if not sooner.

In the mean time you can continue to use BitComet, it will still work as good as any other bittorrent client and only some of it's more advanced features like LTseed snapshots, search for mirrors etc will be affected by the outage.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...