To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Blocked listen port and yellow light since i went to Windows 8.1

Hello guys. I have a problem with blocked listen port and a yellow light since i went to Windows 8.1 (previous OS: Windows 7 x64), also there writes "Blocked: My IP: My current Listen Port". As long as i was using Windows 7, Bitcomet was working fine and i was getting maximum speed of 21 Mbps.

My OS: Windows 8.1 x64

Internet access: Broadband connection

Router: NO

BitComet: Last version

Antivirus: ESET NOD32

I checked my port 80 at canyouseeme.org

Response - Success: I can see your service on **.**.***.*** on port (80)

Your ISP is not blocking port 80

In Windows Firewall/Allow Apps to communicate through Windows Firewall both boxes are checked.

Please, help me.

Edited by BlastG (see edit history)

why are you using port 80?

Actually my current listen port is 18210, which is invisible at canyouseeme.org

Error: I could not see your service on **.**.***.*** on port (18210)

Reason: Connection refused

Whereas my port 80 is working fine. I mean i am not using it as a listen port, i just checked it whether it is working or not.

That indicates that you do indeed have a router and are operating within a LAN, so you'll need to identify the router and forward the port to your bitcomet computer.

You mean the switch (which is outdoors) is basically a router? My ISP had said that it is a switch.

To identify what? Router's model? Router's IP? Do i have to open the box (the switch is in a locked box). Would you clarify, please? I have never used router before.

TCP Connections: Established: 0, Half-Open: 0

LAN IP: 10.64.68.***

WAN IP: 62.73.109.***

Listen Port of TCP: 21188 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 21188 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Failed

UPnP NAT Port Mapping: Failed [uPNP Device Not Found!]

My first default gateway (default gateway of PPP Adapter Unisat) - 0.0.0.0

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255

IPv4 adress 10.64.68.***

Second default gateway (Ethernet Adapter Ethernet) - 10.64.69.1

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

IPv4 Adress 10.64.69.**

I've question about the router. I learnt that i can open a port for BitComet after login in My WAN IP/webfig/

So if i succeed to unlock router's box and see its model, will i be able to log in in My WAN IP/webfig/... i mean can the password for My WAN IP/webfig/ be changed by my ISP?

It sounds like there is a router controlled by your ISP. I suggest you ask them about opening a port for incoming traffic.

Today i asked them again. They were categorical that it is a switch TP-Link, not a router. Also i checked my neighbour's BitComet, his listen port is blocked too:

LAN IP: 192.168.0.100

WAN IP: 62.73.109.108 (same as mine)

Listen Port of TCP: 14030 (Blocked by Firewall/Router)

Listen Port of UDP: 14030 (Opened in Firewall/Router)

Windows Firewall: Added (TCP Added, UDP Added)

UPnP NAT Port Mapping: Added

IPConfig:

IPv4: 192.168.0.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS: 10.64.68.1 (same as mine)

Since your neighbor has the same IP address as you that proves you are sharing the connection. If their device was just a "switch" your computer would have the same IP as your WAN. They may be calling a device a switch but something along the line is assigning a different IP address to your computer and remote connection attempts won't get to your computer unless you setup a rule that dedicates your unique port number to go to your specific computer. If your isp controls this router they may not allow this because it could cause conflicts if two users want to use the same dedicated port, but without access to at least a few dedicated ports they are only providing a partial internet connection and you'll never be able to run any type of p2p or any server/virtual server since no one outside your LAN can connect to you unless you initiate the connection. You can still use Bitcomet, but the only way you can connect to a peer is if you initiate the connection. When a new peer enters he will be looking for peers and won't be able to connect to you but within 10-30mins you'll get an update that he has entered the swarm and you can connect to him, but by then he may have already reached his limit for peer connections so your request may be ignored and even worse if he is also blocked then you will never connect.

By the way, do you have any other devices that connect to your internet, perhaps a telephone or television service? If so, that device is probably a router, otherwise the router must be under control of your ISP so you'd need their assistance to get a dedicated port. You could also ask them for a unique IP address instead of a shared one, in that case your computer would have the same IP because you wouldn't be behind a local network. If they offer this it may cost extra depending on the provider, but if they know what they are doing they should be able to setup dedicated port for you. Also keep in mind if you install the emule plugin you'll need a second port for it to use. Your computer will recognize 64k ports and over 30,000 of them are unused so giving you a few dedicated ports shouldn't be a problem even if your entire block shares the same IP address. You may want to ask to have your rep escalate you to a higher level of support, the lower levels of support generally deal with things like making sure you turned on your computer and the cables are plugged in properly, once you ask them about a dedicated port the lower level support persons may not understand why you need this. You may also want to look into what other types of internet connections are available in your area, but be aware that cellular type of wireless broadband is almost always firewalled, so look for fiber optic or cable broadband if you want the best performance.