To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

cant connect to bitcomet

Hi im candynero and im trying to sign in to my bitcomet its not working whats wrong with the server its not my id or password because i know i got them right can you please fix this as its annoying me as i dont have full speed

Hi. Experiencing the same problem.

In my BitComet 1.38 (64bit), in the sign-in pane, I'm getting "Connecting to server..." for a few minutes and then "Unable to sign in CometID at this time". (See below.)

UtIfbn4.png

And on cometid.com, I can log in, but all my scores and ranks have disappeared. (See below.)

8lRzkAX.png?1

I know everything was fine about 6 hours ago. Not sure when exactly the problem began but it's been going on for at least an hour now.

To everyone concerned about CometID, yes it's down, this happens sometimes with websites just like it does with your personal computer, errors occur and need to be fixed. Large commercial websites like Google and Amazon have many backup servers running and staff on duty 24/7 to fix problems, but BitComet being a free service is maintained by volunteers and it will be fixed as soon as someone on the development team has the time to fix it. I have notified them of the outage and I expect it will be up and running by monday, if not sooner.

In the mean time you can continue to use BitComet, it will still work as good as any other bittorrent client and only some of it's more advanced features like LTseed snapshots, search for mirrors etc will be effected by the outage.

• Like 3

As previously mentioned the server was fixed after the development team returned from the holiday weekend, but a harddrive error caused another issue. It's back up and running now so lets hope for the best.